Our senior GUI developers work closely with our customers and consultants to design, implement, and release GUI applications whose functions, performance, and “look and feel” meet traders' real needs. The role spans the full life cycle of application development from conception through support and maintenance, including fast-cycle version iterations.We are seeking senior-level programmers to develop Windows GUI applications, including Broadway’s showcase product, Broadway Trader™, a state-of-the-art high-frequency trading platform used by traders around the world. Our senior GUI developers work closely with our customers and consultants to design, implement, and release GUI applications whose functions, performance, and “look and feel” meet traders' real needs. The role spans the full life cycle of application development from conception through support and maintenance, including fast-cycle version iterations.
- Design, develop, and release sophisticated Windows GUI applications in an iterative environment using C# .NET, Windows Forms, and the Win32 API
- Maintain the Broadway brand and advance Broadway’s impeccable reputation for customer satisfaction. Work closely with customer-facing consultants to ensure that development efforts truly meet customer needs.
- Be a team player—share information openly, help others, be open to new ideas, and “go the extra mile” when needed
- At least 2 years Windows GUI programming (C# .NET, Windows Forms, WPF, Win32 API)
- Familiarity with SQL and databases
- High proficiency in software engineering principles, life cycle, and best practices
- High proficiency in user interface design principles, and standards
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; Masters preferred
Nice to Haves
- Experience with DevExpress Windows Forms/WPF UI Framework
- Experience with financial software and/or financialtrading, especially in fixed income, a plus
- Experience with real-time systems and rapid iterations a plus
- Experience with Multi-threading and Interfacing with TIBCO
- Knowledge of VB, Python, C++
- Experience with Subversion Source Control
- Experience with Unit Testing, Automated UI Testing, and Code Coverage tools.
- Knowledge of S.O.L.I.D principles, Requirement Analysis, and QA Test Management
- Experience using tools like ReSharper, Beyond Compare, Tortoise