Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors. Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers. SAP experience is preferred.
- Acting as a liaison between Sourcing and all other interfacing organizations to plan, coordinate and implement strategies for all Supply Chain activities related to fulfilling manufacturing and aftermarket requirements.
- Due to interface with global suppliers (time zone differences), the desirable candidate will need to be flexible on the hours worked.
- This individual plans, schedules, and administrates purchase orders to ensure quality hardware is delivered on time.
- Maintains proper inventory levels per order policy. Interacts with personnel throughout the site with frequent outside contacts to discuss/negotiate difficult technical problems.
- Incumbent works under general direction with specified suppliers and hardware. Plans and schedules purchase orders in accordance with the production requirements as shown in the SAP ERP system.
- Manages inventory to a specified inventory plan as required to support the production schedule
- Researches and provides constant feedback to department and management relative to material shortages and supplier's capacity and capabilities.
- Demonstrates an active commitment to continuous improvement in the areas of Quality, Cost, Delivery and Lead Time.
- Have effective interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of employees and management. High degree of confidence, objectivity, tact, diplomacy and ethical conduct is essential.
- Demonstrated ability in negotiations, planning and hardware administration procedures
- Ability to organize work, document and/or report concisely and accurately and be thorough in carrying out the responsibilities of the job.
- Manage supplier forecast and PO acknowledgement process through Client web portal.
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in business or technical field recommended with minimum 2-4 years of purchasing
- Must be proficient in MRP (SAP experience a plus).
- Six Sigma Certification a plus.
- Aerospace Experience is plus
- Experience in an automated EDI environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of production control and material manufacturing methods is highly desired.
- Prior experience in manufacturing.
- Ability to multi-task projects and assesses priorities in a complex and demanding environment.
- Ability to handle multiple customers/priorities with minimal supervision under challenging conditions
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in order management and logistics.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications
- Prior experience in eAuction Marketplace is plus