Sr. Buyer - Packaging
8 - 10 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
Senior Buyer - Packaging
The Senior Buyer will responsible for purchasing and negotiating supplies relating to packaging materials (e.g., cartons, bottles, labels, etc.) for a privately held U.S. Manufacturing Company consistently recognized as a best place to work.
Their core values are their guiding principles and include work - family balance, focus on quality and the customer, and doing the right thing.
- Collaborate with Brand Managers, Quality & Compliance, Product Engineering, Product Management and Private Brands departments in the development of new or revised products.
- Liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems and issues.
- Select vendors, assess vendor capabilities, develop alternate sources, evaluate vendor performance, and negotiate prices and delivery.
- Recommend major purchases of materials based on anticipated changes in prices or on unusual availability situations.
- Make certain purchasing documents are properly completed and the terms and conditions of purchases are appropriate.
- Assures that department records are maintained and that purchases are followed up or expedited when required. Department records include price histories to provide information on price variances.
- Collaborate with vendors to identify innovative solutions or Supply Chain/Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) efficiencies.
- Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Negotiates and manages long term pricing agreements, vendor terms, pricing and delivery terms.
- Sourcing strategies that drive cost reduction and process improvement with the department, and throughout the company.
- Research industry(s) to identify best practices, process and strategies.
- Ensure material inventory is maintained and available to meet the production schedule for customer demands.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- BA or B.S. in Business or related major; MBA, CPSM or APICS certifications desirable.
- 8 plus years of experience as a buyer of packaging materials.
- Proficient with MS Office suite and other work related software..
- Experience with JDE ERP is a plus.
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt is a plus.
- Working knowledge of the legal aspects of procurement and contractlaw.