- Purchase and delivery of materials, parts, and supplies to support plant operations, maintenance, engineering, business development, and general plant services
- Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements for electronic, mechanical, optical and electro-mechanical components.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers.
- Monitor MRP action and exception messages daily, place orders, and align supply and demand daily. Track material status to production need date. Follow through on action items to align schedule and provide clear and open communication with planners and materials managers.
- Able to evaluate bid responses, negotiate price, delivery schedules, and place purchase orders in accordance with division policies, procedures and government regulations.
- Able to perform cost/price analysis and determine total cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Act as liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems.
- Monitor supplier performance and take corrective action as necessary.
- Support bids and proposals and NPI processes by target pricing initiatives
- Submits change orders to suppliers as needed
- Verifies and approves payment of invoices for orders received as required with accounts payable driving resolution of issues.
- Attain year over year overall cost reductions.
- Manage supplier communications, including sourcing event invitations, issue resolution, pricing terms negotiations, and contracting
- Assess change needs, impacts, and stakeholder management activities and support change management integration activities
- Work with Planners to maintain inventory levels consistent with production requirements and targeted inventory goals.
- Communicate regularly with leadership regarding current issues.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts and projects
- Analyze material requirements for new processes from project schedules, descriptions, and engineering requirements. Create/validate assumptions when data is preliminary. Present results and recommendations to management and project teams.
- Determine requirements for contract creation, create contract, and leverage purchase order terms. Negotiate and manage long term pricing agreements on critical commodities.
- Develop, implement and achieve cost saving initiatives and continuous improvement goals/projects
- Understand and develop a total cost of ownership for parts and review and evaluate best possible cost on manufactured parts from outside sources
- Maintain supplier relationship to attain service targets, and ensure flexibility and on time delivery
- Confer with suppliers and analyze supplier’s operations to determine factors that affect service, quality, cost, and meeting schedule requirements. Understand suppliers’ technology roadmap and how it aligns with our product needs
- Plan sourcing selection process and lead the program team through supplier evaluation and election, adhering to fair and equitable procurement practices with direct line to corporate strategies
- Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
- Studies market trends and interviews suppliers. Make recommendations to management of suppliers to be placed on the approved vendor list. Develop category strategies with knowledge of product market trends.
- Be responsible for product market knowledge for various categories
- Conduct Supply risk mitigation analysis and develop contingency plans
- Perform data analytics.
- Participates in establishing objectives. Plans, schedules, and arranges own activities to accomplish objectives. Support overall objectives and long range goals of the organization.
- Maintain compliance with procurement goals and key performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Always perform Procurement activities with the highest ethical standards consistent with company policies and requirements.
- Ensures small business program is utilized and guidelines followed
- Ensure complete flow-down of customer contractual requirements
- Develop and monitor supplier performance to metrics established
- Maintain compliance to procurement policy & procedures
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in procurement, materials management or commodity sourcing experience with a relevant Bachelor's degreerequired.
- Manufacturing, assembly, operations environment experiencerequired.
- CPM or APICS certification preferred
- Previous titled Sr. Buyer or Purchasing role with mechanical, electronic and electro-mechanical components, including some experience in custom optical components preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of procurement, planning and scheduling fundamentals.
- Must have ERP experience in Materials/Procurement modules
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with developing RFQ/RFP, negotiations, contracts, preparing financial analysis, material acquisition, expediting and coordination of shipping arrangements.
- Experience with managing multiple commodity areas and tasks effectively in a fast paced work environment.
- Knowledge of ITAR restrictions, and FAR/DFAR requirements a plus
- Must possess high ethical standards.
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment
- Motivated and disciplined with a strong desire to succeed, learn, and drive positive change
- Excellent oral and written communications, math skills, ability to multi task
- Demonstrated background of initiative, achievements, and professionalism.
- Proficient with time management
- Able to work independently
- Detail oriented and organized