Reynolds American Incorporated (NYSE: RAI) is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We’re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At RAI, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other’s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
At the RAI companies you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
This position is with RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company—the second-largest U.S. tobacco company. The company's brands include Newport, Camel and Pall Mall.
This position is responsible for the end-to-end Procurement process within the assigned area of responsibility, which includes buying responsibility for goods and services for up to one or more operating companies under a service agreement for all RAI affiliate companies. Direct Procurement is seeking a qualified buyer to support Combustibles related projects and commodities in support of RAI’s vision of transforming tobacco. The incumbent will collaborate with Production Planning & Scheduling, Research & Development, Quality, Finance, Ops Strategy & Planning, Marketing, and Manufacturing and must be able to manage and/or execute multiple projects simultaneously. The successful candidate will join RJRT Direct Procurement Materials in Winston-Salem, NC.
- Ability to travel ~ 30% of time
- Ability to drive and manage collaborative efforts cross-functionally and externally with internal clients & Suppliers.
- Ability to develop and drive key strategies at the department level.
- Ability to manage Supply base risk and performance with key supplier management tools and activities.
- Ability to work and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated project management, time management and team collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of and/orexperiencewith FDA regulated environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead procurement cross-functional teams by coordinating all business activities to achieve purchase
decisions which deliver the highest quality, reliability, and value to meet RJRT requirements.
- Develop, advocate and implement sourcing and negotiation strategies for key spend areas to achieve short
and long term savings targets.
- Maintain metrics for process improvement, supplier management and management reporting.
- Implement performance guarantee contracts to minimize RJRT risk and increase supplier accountability for
- Lead process improvements initiatives that support Value Improvement Process.
- Participate in Supplier audits and manage resulting management action items.
- Work on project and/or assignments as required, using approved guidelines.
- Supports strategic planning and manages the Procurement process for assigned commodities and services.
- Develop, manage and maintain strategic supplier relationships which provide a competitive advantage.
- Identify, define and lead change efforts for supply and value chain solutions.
- Makes decisions independently on Procurement problems and methods in order to arrive at
recommendations for Procurement management.
- Conduct market research and analysis using qualitative and quantitative skills that will result in
recommendations to supply chain leadership and management.
High School Diploma or equivalent and 10+ years of relevant work experience
Associate Degree in Business or related field and 8+ years relevant work experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related field and 6+ years of relevant
Experience: Minimum 6+ years relevant experience or equivalent education and experience
Experience in project management and leading cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to manage projects
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and foster collaboration across teams
Ability to resolve conflict, provide direction, and give feedback
- Ability to independently assess, define and solve complex supply chain and
- Knowledge of overall business and corporate strategy
- Broad understanding of procurement categories and/or commodities
Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong functional knowledge of computers and information systems
- Self-motivated, energetic, flexible, and adaptable to change
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- CPSM (Certified Professional of Supply Management) preferred
- Experience using eProcurement tools
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.