$80K — $100K *
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for purchasing & negotiating materials, supplies, & equipment from approved vendors.
• Evaluates vendor quotes & services to determine most desirable suppliers.
• Source and establish new suppliers.
• Expedite materials.
• Load data and operate from MRP including generation of outside operation report/process, material shortages report, evaluation and management of min/max report.
• Generate Purchase orders.
• Responsible for generating and executing inventory provisioning plan.
• Work to eliminate excess and obsolete parts and rationalize similar parts:
• Knowledge of product families.
• Work with marketing to standardize parts on existing and new products.
• Work with product managers to plan ahead of time for product life cycle shifts.
• Track key suppliers for any issues that may affect their ability to supply product.
• Participate in supplier audits, scoring performance, and certification visits with Quality.
• Knowledge of the auditing process, documents and forms.
• Ability to effectively communicate with suppliers (written and verbally).
• Oversee and facilitate the improvement activities of all buyer/planner related all key measures (Quality – PPM, Delivery – On time to Lead Time, Freight Management, PPV, Cash Flow – 10% year-over-year) and Continuous Improvement tools.
• Assist in establishing specifications before requesting quotations.
• Performance will be measured by the individual’s ability to:
• Maintain the required inventory turns for components.
• Work with vendors ensuring continual supply while adhering to cost/inventory objectives.
• Meet or exceed cost reduction initiatives.
• Knowledge of the written procedures, documents, and forms used to measure, analyze, report, and score supplier performance to stated requirements.
• Expedite and respond to shortages in an immediate fashion to ensure no production interruption:
• Measure number of stock-outs and respond with appropriate countermeasures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline required.
• Minimum of 5 years of buyer/planner or inventory management experience
• MRO inventory management experience preferred.
• Advanced written and oral communications skills.
Valid through: 3/16/2021