The XPERI Business Applications team is responsible for providing innovative technology solutions to through the design, development and delivery of business-critical internal systems and tools on a global scale.
This is a group of high-energy individuals who focus on meeting objectives by providing innovative solutions and bringing clarity and simplicity to complex business and technology problems. As a Business and Systems Analyst, you'll be a critical component of this team as you frame business problems, gather requirements, identify opportunities, and facilitate solution creation and implementation.
This is an excellent opportunity for the qualified candidate to leverage his/her seasoned analytical skills to impact a diverse set of process gaps with state-of-the-art solutions.
The ideal candidate will work enjoy working in a cross functional environment, involving collaboration with our Finance, Legal, Sales and Operations, Engineering and Marketing groups. Core focus areas will be proposal development, requirements gathering and analysis, assistance in design phases, test planning and oversight. The ideal skillset encompasses the ability to facilitate thoughtful interactions with representatives from the business, analyze complex problems, and create elegant solutions that combine efficiencies across the spectrum of users, processes, and systems. A solid background in various software development lifecycles (SDLCs), in particular Agile, as well as a proven track record in the development of key project artifacts such as project charters, requirements documentation, test plans will be essential.
Often, you will participate in frequent and impromptu working sessions with team members that provide you with opportunities to collaborate with systems programmers and business stakeholders to set specifications across the development lifecycle. The Sr. Business/Systems Analyst will also work with programmers in constructing software project Proof-of-Concepts (POCs).
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Quickly understand a stakeholder's business issues and data challenges
- Work as part of a geographically distributed team and be willing to undertake occasional work related travel
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions with project stakeholders
- Identify process and systems strengths and weaknesses and suggest areas of improvement.
- Develop, review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions
- Assist in the development of functional specifications and system design specifications
- Plan and lead testing efforts
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Communicate needed changes to development teams
- Assist and at times lead in development and enforcement of project deadlines and schedules
- Develop and refine project best practices as well as standard project documentation templates
- Communicate and apply project standards
- Consistently deliver high-quality services to our stakeholders
- Understand the components of running a fiscally successful project.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A BS degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Computer Systems, or Mathematics
- 6+ years' recent experience in progressive roles as a Sr. Business or Systems Analyst wherein you shepherded the development of internal business systems through your understanding of application programming, database and system design
- A solid understanding of financial systems, in particular experience with ERP systems
- An understanding and experience on CRM systems; Salesforce configuration is a plus, even more so Admin level experience
- An understanding of Internet, Intranet and client/server architectures
- Experience in the creation of Process Mapping Documents and the ability to proactively communicate and collaborate with customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements to deliver the needed artifacts (i.e., functional requirements, business requirements document, use cases, GUI and screen and Interface designs)
- A proven ability to drive and challenge business units on their assumptions and execution of their plans
- The proven ability to identify critical issues with ease, assist in the facilitation of team and client meetings, deliver informative, well-organized presentations, and an understanding of how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- An inherent talent for generating enthusiasm among team members; you proactively seek opportunities to serve in leadership roles, and challenge others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (required), including extensive ability to use and build spreadsheets using Excel using advanced tactics (advanced excel formulas, pivot tables) for legacy system analysis and support
- 6+ years of in-depth experience/knowledge of MS Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint), & MS SharePoint and MS Project 2007-2010 and MS Visio (or other process modeling tools)
- Experience with Data Analytics and warehouse tools a desired plus (i.e. Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, Birst)
- Experience with Agile delivery methods (Scrum, Kanban, Disciplined Agile Delivery, Agile Unified Process, etc.)
- A good understanding of standard business practices related to Accounting (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Invoicing), Sales Operations (Proposal, Orders, Forecasting, Territory Management, and Quotas), and Intellectual Property Licensing would be a plus