ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
The Senior Business Systems Analyst will solicit, understand, and document the customer's business requirements, processes and workflows developing both written and visual depictions of requirements and process flows. You will also work withdevelopers to create the functional specifications that meet those requirements, serve as a subject matter expert to the developers building those functions, and to test the developed functionality. This role works closely with other BAs, Developers and Production Support through each stage of the software development lifecycle and also demonstrates both existing and new functionality to the customer stakeholders. This job requires an experienced analyst who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization, lead others, drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems, and make challenging decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain understanding of customer workflows and business needs to support.
- Deliver precise functional specifications to include functional hierarchy, workflow, business rules, interface design and definitions, outstanding issues, data analysis, and data mapping to clients and development staff.
- Be responsible for direct interaction with clients including, but not limited to, eliciting comprehensive business requirements and use cases and recommending appropriate solutions.
- Gather requirements and help build and document specifications for development.
- Conduct gap analysis between application and stated customer requirements and collaborate with Architects and Developers to estimate project impact.
- Work with Development and Production Support teams to communicate, verify, and test the desired functionality changes.
- Work with the clients to demonstrate the changes to the system to ensure all relevant business needs are addressed.
- Develop training materials and provide training in one-on-one or classroom environment.
- Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication.
- Direct and Manage project development from beginning to end
- Define project scope, goals and objectives that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Assist in the development of full-scale project plans and associated communications
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Identify and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Assist in tracking all project milestones and deliverables.
- Apply systems solutions to complex business problems that are encountered by application users.
- Lead efforts with decision makers, business owners and end users to define business requirements and identify and resolve systems issues
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development and deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Create and maintain documents as defined by the Software Development Lifecycle Methodology (SDLC).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Business Management or other related
- 5 to 7 years' experience in developing, implementing and supporting business applications.
- 2 to 4 years professional project management experience
- Strong experience with following business functions / processes (Shop Floor, Product Design, Financials, Order to Cash and Procurement to Pay Cycles and Business Reporting)
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior QAD experience, preferred
- MX-Open experience, preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent analytical abilities and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbally)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good project management skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Excellent ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to provide guidance and/or instruction to more junior staff members
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating
- Knowledgeable understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office suite - Word, Excel, Visio, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint
- MX Open