We are seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst to manage and support reporting and analytics activities for the Finance organization at PayPal.
The person we are seeking must be self-motivated and have proven experience influencing and communicating effectively across all levels of the company, from individual business users to executive management. He or she should have proven ability to build relationships/partnerships and work cross-functionally to drive time sensitive deliverables, issues tracking and reporting.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for executing and managing the following:
- Manage all internal Bank Analyzer reporting needs
- Develop and execute to the reporting roadmap
- Maintain and manage the Bank Analyzer reporting portfolio
- Ensure all reporting documents are maintained and updated timely
- Support production reporting defect resolution
- Support special projects and initiatives: special projects vary from strategic initiatives to day to day operations. Support needs will vary by project and will require strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Bridge business users and the technology organizations. Lead collaborations and discussions among cross-functional teams for effective solution-building or issue-resolution.
- Starting with business questions, leverage strong analytical skills, critical thinking capabilities, and in-depth understanding of our data to collaborate with business users and engineers, brainstorm and strategize the “right” reporting, initiate and document the requirements and associated functional specifications.
- Design, maintain and update PayPal’s Bank Analyzer financialreporting strategy.
- Understand impact various projects and products have on the financial application and associated reporting requirements.
- Understand, manage and maintain: report development, inbound interface impacts, outbound interface maintenance and development as well as transformations of source data into the Bank Analyzer and BW on HANA environments.
- Create detailed product requirements, working closely with product development and project teams, managing implementation and user acceptance testing, provide post-launch support, and adhere to key business metrics post-launch and sound project methodologies.
- 8-10+ years of reporting and analytics experience in payment industry, financial services and/or management consulting firms
- Experience with SAP, SAP R/3, SAP BEx, SAP BW report development, SAP FICO; Variance analysis, Essbase reporting and BPC reporting tools
- Data-warehouse skills in data modelling, ETL, or BI
- Advanced Microsoft excel, SQL and Business Objects skills
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, conscientious, thorough and accurate
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and client service oriented attitude and mindset.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, presentation skills)
- Proven ability to function well independently as well as in a team
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and projects to meet timelines efficiently, to adapt to changes in priorities quickly and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously to drive projects to completion and deliver quality materials under tight deadlines
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.