The Sr. Business Systems Analyst/Modeller is responsible for the enablement of manufacturing process improvements together with Manufacturing Engineers, by implementing and maintaining Statistical Process Control software. (S)He is also responsible for all software modelling in the Camstar MES systems, as they are being rolled out in our enterprise. The Camstar MES system is a strategical system for Cepheid, and as such the modelling will need to be future proof, taking rapid scalability, data mining and data-analytics into account.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze, architect, develop and implement SPC strategy to aid in improved manufacturing processes. Including:
• Standardization of Sampling plans,
• Equipment interfacing, Reporting & Validation,
• Develop process and value stream maps; write and test business cases. Analyze functional manufacturing requirements and translate these to MES system requirements.
• Develop sustainable MES system solutions, by configuring and modelling of the global, enterprise wide Camstar system. This includes:
• Setting of standards for manufacturing and MES solutions,
• Transforming site specific manufacturing needs into solid architectures, technical and functional system designs, taking into account Cepheid's global needs.
• Implementation, testing and validation of designs and solutions,
Additional to mentioned above:
• Adherence to all FDA required standards and documentation practices,
• Analyze technical and functional requirements for system design, facilitating Manufacturing, Product Transfer, Quality Systems, Logistics and Failure Investigation departments; understand the interactions with the SAP system for these functions
• Drive and lead projects to completion by engaging resources across cross functional teams and bringing alignment to project goals,
• Facilitate and drive change to teams and organizations within Cepheid by managing expectations and implementing/improving (new) processes and software
Education or Experience (in years):
• Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of related work experience OR
• Master's degree with 2+ years of related work experience.
Knowledge and skills:
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in Statistical Process Control (SPC).
• Experience in manufacturing, and DBS and/or Lean Manufacturing/six sigma to drive continuous improvement
• Strong problem-solving and analytical ability.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Manufacturing Engineering, Math, Science or related field
• Experience with SAP, SAP interfacing, SAP in Logistics and Manufacturing
• Camstar Modelling experience
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.