$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
Where Excellence Meets Purpose
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine has an immediate need for a Sr. Business Systems Analyst oversees a team of data analysts and provides leadership, strategic direction and management for the development of technology plans and strategies that enhance overall performance, reduce costs, and increase efficiencies. The incumbent analyzes established operations, systems, methods, practices, and procedures to evaluate their effectiveness and ultimately make recommendations for improvements. Additionally, the Sr. Business Systems Analyst integrates people, equipment, facilities, training and other resources to improve work results, operating efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Reviews, analyzes, and triages application issues and cases.
2. Creates and maintains detailed support documentation of ongoing projects, tests internal
application releases, and performs periodic system maintenance.
3. Provides training for internal users.
4. Monitors system availability, working closely with system administrators and business
5. Recommends changes in development, maintenance, and system standards.
6. Develops detailed action plan with goals and target dates and obtains necessary
7. Maintains ongoing communication and rapport with management team regarding project
8. Flowcharts existing processes versus improved flow.
9. Prepares time and cost estimates for projects and proposals.
10. Conducts research for best practice models and benchmarking.
11. Applies industrial and management engineering techniques, such as process designs,
optimization models, forecasting methodologies, and chain management principles, to
improve overall systems.
12. Analyzes existing flow of people, activities, and materials, employee work methods and
utilization, policies and procedures, staffing levels, supervisory structure, space
utilization, supply and demand optimization methods, forms, equipment, and
computerized systems to design improved work systems.
13. Improves productivity through the application of technology and human factors.
14. Conducts data collection to measure baseline versus improvement, before and after
recommendations are implemented
15. Participates in continuing quality improvement activities.
16. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University
Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
• Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
• Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
Department Specific Functions
• Assists in coordinating the activities of a team of analysts.
• Assists the Director of Application Systems Development in installation and testing on
new tools and applications.
• Reviews KPI measurements provided by analysts for accuracy.
• Must have working knowledge of predictive Analytics in Supply Chain.
• Must be familiar with Clinical System such as Epic, etc.
• Working knowledge of BI tools and SQL.
• Designs systems for production and inventory control in buying, storing, handling, and
processing of materials and supplies.
• Designs facilities, management systems, and standard operating procedures.
• Develops management control systems to aid in financial planning and cost analysis.
Valid Through: 2019-11-10