We are looking for ???Sr. Business Systems Analyst for our client in Lacey, WA
Job Title: ??Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Job Location: Lacey, WA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The Washington State legislature recently passed legislation (SSB 5975) which implements Paid Family and Medical Leave (PFML) in the state (Laws of 2017, 3d Spec. Sess., ch. 5).
- This law requires the client to collect premiums from employers and employees and pay benefits to qualified employees.
- This is a brand new program in the State and only a handful of other states have similar programs. Information regarding the legislation, including the full text of the passed bill can be found online at . Client has estimated that this program will provide benefits to approximately 165,000 individuals annually.
- The benefits will provide individuals with economic stability during qualifying life events, including the birth or placement of a child, the care of family members with serious health conditions, or for an individual?s own health condition.
- Client is planning the new technology system to be comprised of several components and requires additional highly skilled contracted resources to assist with the Project. Client be purchasing Microsoft Dynamics 365 off of an existing Washington State mastercontract as the underlying technology platform for the Customer Administration and Accounting Component of the system.
- In order to effectively support the implementation of this program, a new business division and new technology system(s) has been implemented. The department must be able to assess premiums against eligible employers no later than Jan 1st, 2019. The following January, 2020 the Department must be prepared to issue insurance benefits for Family and Medical leave.
- Participate in regular project team meetings and follow the established methodology standards;
- Follow client?s standards in implementing all work;
- Document work as per agency and/or project standards;
- Actively participate in stand up meetings;
- Utilize VSTS for source control and incident management;
- Provide status as requested; and
- Demonstrate respectful communications and behavior.
- The Senior Level Business Systems Analyst (BSA) will be part of the Paid Family & Medical Leave (PFML) Project Team and report to the PFML Technology Manager and will be responsible for ensuring business requirements are identified, defined and documented in sufficient detail to support system development and testing.
- The BSA position will work withinternal and external stakeholders to design and document technical solutions that meet business needs by facilitating definition of business requirements, identifying and recommending business processes, identifying required system application features and functionality, and maintaining system documentation to support development and testing of the mission critical PFML systems that enable payment of Paid Family and Medical Leave benefits, and collection of premiums
Required Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science or closely related field and three years of IT experience performing business and systems analysis, system requirement definition, and/ or system documentation OR a combination of IT related education and/or relevant IT experience.
- Demonstrated experiencetroubleshooting malfunctions and failures of highly complex applications and systems, and participating in defining mitigation and resolution strategies.
Desirable/Preferred Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Professional certifications in business analysis
- Experience with Microsoft SQL
- Experienceapplying the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) techniques
- Experience working in an Agile Environment