GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
The Senior Business Systems Analyst is responsible for defining and coordinating the development, maintenance, and enhancement of complex business applications, which may include one or several of the following: JD Edwards Purchasing, Manufacturing, General Ledger, and Cognos BI systems, etc. This person has the most thorough understanding of Dole’s business systems, industry practices and standards. This person applies best practices to solve complex business and takes the initiative to create process change. Senior analysts are able to work effectively in teams with other IT professionals, Dole business employees and external stakeholders.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Identify and define IT projects related to assigned applications to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of DFV. Work tasks may include the following:
- Perform feasibility studies that result in business proposals including alternate approaches, cost, benefits, resource requirements, task dependencies and timing.
- Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems and revise computer programs, systems and related procedures to process data.
- Prepare charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis; submit proposals for business solutions.
- Establishes and measures service levels; identifies opportunities for improvements in the service levels experienced by the business.
- Defines own work plans and the work plans of others with minimal management review; coordinates project status reporting and participates and conducts user/team status meetings.
- Complete assigned projects including own tasks and coordinates the tasks ofinternal and external personnel where necessary to achieverequiredresults in a timely and cost-effective manner. Work tasks may include:
- Prepares program specifications and diagrams including process flows, data flows and logical data models.
- Evaluates application software packages and makes recommendations to management.
- Test and debug software and procedures with development, operation and user communities.
- Analyze reported discrepancies between current operation and the approved requirements for the assigned applications; identifies modifications to restore current operation to the approved requirement and/or clarifications in the documentation and training where no discrepancy is found.
- Completes and publishes the documentation required by the tasks assigned.
- May be called upon to lead other analyst for projects of broad scope or long duration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May require one or more of the following software literacies:
- JD Edwards World a9.2 or equivalent version– Financials, Fixed Assets and Purchasing.
- Cognos BI
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills in the English language. Spanish language skills preferred, but not required.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to perform systems analysis tasks including logic flow charts, decision trees, work process flow analysis, data flow analysis, logical data modeling and statistical analysis including sample statistics, trend analysis and queue analysis.
- Ability to effectively present information and communicate findings, conclusions and recommendations to business management. Able to respond effectively to questions from managers, customers, peers and vendors.
- Ability to motivate others to achieve the required business results and provide training for other staff members.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Windows and Office Suite of applications (Word, Excel, Access, Internet Explorer and PowerPoint, Project and Visio) to aid in the effective communication of findings, conclusions and recommendations to business management.
- Strong technical system fundamentals awareness and understanding; with the ability to participate in the delivery of application deliverables
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Self-starter, ability to learn and adapt quickly. Highly motivated. Committed to see problems through to resolution even beyond normal working hours.
- Agricultural, Consumer Packaged Goods or Food industry experiencepreferred.
- Previous software development and configuration experience.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 8+ years’ experience as a JD Edwards (or other software platform or language) functional analyst providing configuration and application expertise, preferred.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, plus 5 to 8years’ relevant business experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Tracking Code 811