Illumina is seeking a Sr Business Systems Analyst to drive progress in our Camstar roadmap. This is a technical application analyst role for Camstar, Illumina's off the shelf Manufacturing Execution Sytem(MES). The focus of this role will be allocated to projects and quarterly releases including upgrades, new product introductions, integrations, and net new functionality delivered via application configuration and project promotions. Approximately 80% of the effort will be project and 20% is sustaining focused.
The individual will work with the current CNC, Business Analysts, Developers, Super Users and end-users to ensure MES meets Illumina's Quality Standards and industry best practices. This role functions as an analytical business partner and is responsible for driving solutions to problems including reviewing, planning, testing, documenting and implementing design changes within the MES space.
The individual will be instrumental in optimizing Camstar V7 by implementing new capability or deliver improvements.
- Researches and provide best practice recommendations with a focus on end-to-end capabilities and impact to KPIs
- Conduct analysis including root cause identification, development of solution proposals, and creation of business cases
- Partners with business to elicit, analyze, and document business requirements
- Translate business requirements into functional requirements specifications, workflows and identifies cross-functional dependencies
- Leads discussion with business and technical team to collect pain points including non-functional requirements using a structured framework
- Prepares visuals to communicate and acquires buy-in on stopgaps, recommendations and solutions
- Accountable for knowing functionality of MES in order to guide business process changes and configuration/development of MES
- Accountable for solution meeting the agreed upon business requirements while creatively leveraging standard capabilities where possible
- Applies information systems development, implementation and operation control concepts in a wide variety of technology settings and appropriately assesses the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing controls
- Develops and deliver train-the-trainer content to a super user group and trains entry level employees
- On call as needed
All listed responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- 5+ years of hands on experience as a Business Analyst in MES(Camstar) or similar technology driving implementations and upgrades
- Experience with SAP QM/PP integrations and Microsoft SQL Server preferred
- Experience as an industrial or process engineer or is a plus
- Experience with enterprise analysis including development of solution proposals and creation of business cases
- Experience with business process improvement techniques and methodologies
- Exceptional analytical, planning, organizational and problem solving abilities
- Expertise in requirements gathering, writing software requirements, process modeling and data mapping
- Strong ability to present ideas and information in group settings. Has the ability to persuade, negotiate, and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated experience in testing and test planning in FDA regulated environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that non-technical end users can understand
- Knowledge of the full software development life cycle using Agile/Scrum Methodology
- Experience in configuration management, operations, and/or quality within a regulated industry
- High degree of initiative and ownership, as well as a proven history of delivering results while working with several different departments in a fast-paced environment
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.