Sr Business Systems Analyst will provide technical and functional guidance across all aspects of the ETRM system and is critical in providing technical and functional design and configuration with any new implementation or enhancements.
The position will require the Analyst to take on various roles depending on the projects or enhancements including functional/technical design & implementation, integration, testing, deployment as well as finding ways to better optimize the technology stack to support Commercial opportunities.
The position is also responsible for managing the relationships of all stakeholders including Commercial, Risk and Accounting. The Analyst must have leadership experience, understand the Refining Industry, and prioritize issues and drive and own initiatives until completed. The Analyst is a key member of CVR's information technology department. His/her knowledge and expertise are critical to the success of the team's strategy and tactical initiatives.
Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related scientific or business discipline required.
- 7+ years of experience in Right Angle including trade capture, logistics, settlement and accounting, risk valuation and risk control management.
- 5 + years of experience developing in RightAngle.
- Ability to articulate ideas to all levels of management and technical staff. Must be comfortable communicating with senior levels of management of the company.
- Experience leading application support and maintenance production support activities.
- Experience in working with complex integrated Enterprise systems, troubleshooting systems and integration related issues, and facilitating through issue resolution. Possess broad understanding of enterprise business/functional processes in financial, HR, plant maintenance and operations, supply chain and other corporate areas.
- Display disciplines in incident management, problem management, change management and service requests and the resulting documentation.
- Understands complex applications functionality, triage issues and identifies and documents resulting resolutions and displaying competent problem-solving skills.
- Basic server admin skills related to application development (configure IIS, set up Scheduled Tasks, shared folders, etc.).
- Experience creating process flows with Visio and writing technical documentation.
- Experience working with QA and application deployment teams to move applications into production.
- Ability to partner with leadership team, peers, vendors, and subordinates to develop and enhance reporting capabilities in order to provide a suite of reports/dashboards ensuring customer needs are met.
- Ability to adjust schedule to meet business needs.
- Is a key leader on the support team -- a bridge of Functional, Technical and Management skillsets?
- Taking a lead role in detecting, diagnosing, and resolving system and application problems; conduct root cause analysis, submitting and managing incident tickets, following through on analysis, and developing methods for improvement.
- Collaborate on change implementation plans and strategies, performing risk and impact assessments prior to change implementation.
- Manages the delivery of exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment through phone, email, and IM by consulting with management team, peers and subordinates and finally end users to clarify program intent, identify problems, suggest changes, and document discussions/issues and translates changes into clear and actionable application directives.
- Provides and directs oversight of all vendor support and ensures incident resolutions and problems are correctly identified with the proposed final solution consistent with the end users' project requirements.
- Serves as senior technical resource on lights-on projects and support activities, including coordination with business owners and reporting progress and status.
- Maintains an organization-wide view of business and application architecture with high-level visual schematic of key systems and business flows.
- Identify systems and business architectures with reliability or capacity risk; suggest remediation to improve serviceability.
- Identify areas within Application Support which can be made more efficient through automation, contribute ideas and solutions related to our transition to continuous delivery and work closely with team to contribute to the creation and implementation of such automation.
- Supports SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) and MDM (Master Data Management) initiatives with business and technical perspective and understands the company's strategic objectives for future technical architectures.
- Improved business efficiencies and end users' interactions with IT group through positive and proactive customer support.
- IT staff achieving goal of superior quality levels service for the business and with end user.
- Assigned projects completed within budget and schedule.
- Direct continuous improvement of the application development process enduring consistent delivery on time, within budget and project specifications.
- Establish and maintain the documentation of the overall team goals at a consistently satisfactory level of ticket completion aligned with departmental goals and objectives.
- Manage and update application support documentation.
- Manage and ensure documentation files and reports and design improved system and methods of implementation around the application modules are current and updated.
- Coordinate application relationship matrix across all service portfolios, in collaboration with the Application Manager.
- Maintain the Application Portfolio with clear definition of applications in Production, Test and Development, and current versions.
- Oversee and provide coaching and formal performance management as well as offer feedback and developmental opportunities for team members while keeping current with new and emerging technology related to area of responsibility, participating in continuing education related training to the position.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures within department.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. The Company will not sponsor immigration or work visas.
CVR Energy is an EEO and affirmative action employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates to apply.