Job Description Summary
Enterprise Data Services (EDS) group manages the enterprise data warehouse which provides data for all the Bank’s internal and external reporting needs, and data-driven analysis to support the Bank’s strategic initiatives. We are seeking a Business Systems Analyst who has the technical data analytical skills to solve complex problems, and the intellectual curiosity to explore what problems need to be solved.
Essential Job Functions
- Solves business-related problems using data-driven techniques. Looks for order and patterns in data, as well as spotting trends that provide strategic advice for business processes and IT solutions
- Collaborates with business stakeholders, conducts JAD sessions and translates high-level business requirements/user stories to technical requirements, functional specifications documents
- Analyzes, evaluates and profiles the data gathered from multiple sources to create source to target mapping documents
- Gains a holistic understanding of a broad range of Retail Banking products, processes and related systems
- Uses data to driven techniques to develop business cases that may include changing course, improving a process or product, or creating new services or products
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with departmental staff, and internal business partners
- Works with IT team through coding and implementation to ensure product matches envisioned result
- Provides support as a subject matter expert to internal IT teams and business partners
- May support development of test scripts and participate in functional testing
- May support users in user acceptance testing
- May support maintenance of business systems and interface applications
- 4 -8 years' experience working as a Business Systems Analyst on complex, cross functional projects and the creation of detailed requirement documents and/or user stories
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Retail Banking and wholesale Banking
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in data warehousing
- Experience in data analytics, data profiling and source-to-target mapping.
- Experience in Banking Customer/Master data along with GL Reconciliations.
- Experience in Banking Reg. Reporting, Compliance related projects.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field.
- Degree in Finance, Analytics and Strategy is plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills required
- Able to ask smart, straightforward, intelligent, and efficient questions
- Knowledge of data analysis and SQL Data Query Tools required
- Able to mine and analyze large amounts of data to develop hypotheses, make inferences and hone in on customer and business objectives.
- Must be able to understand Banking/Financial Data
- Must be able to perform General Ledger reconciliations across multiple portfolios
- Must have experience in executing Regulatory Reporting projects like IFRS9, IHC, CCAR etc.
- Must have knowledge and experience in Data warehouse projects.
- Must be able understand and decode the existing systems using ETL Informatica and SAS codes.
- Experience in using Data Querying tools like TOAD, SQL Developer etc.
- Exposure to Excel modeling, math and statistical skills a plus
- Must be highly detail oriented, meticulous, and self-directed
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience in working with Quality control and defect tracking tools like HP QC and JIRA.
- Experience in understanding .JSON file data blocks.
- Experienced in R, Python, and other programming language a plus