The Sr Business Resiliency Lead candidate is responsible for providing hands-on leadership of Valley's Business Continuity (BC) and/or Disaster Recovery (DR) program capabilities. The candidate will manage business and/or technology planning activities necessary to enable Valley to progress through a crisis or other disruption event, while ensuring compliance requirements are met. They will also be responsible for the developing, maintaining, testing and reporting on assigned Business Resiliency program responsibilities.
The Sr Business Resiliency Lead will provide Business Resiliency Team leadership, experience & mentoring, including management of and/or direct involvement with the BC/DR plan maintenance cycle (including all development, update, review, tracking & reporting requirements) and the exercise & attestation cycle (including all scheduling, coordination, execution, tracking & reporting requirements). Responsibilities may also include leading annual program risk assessment, business impact analysis (BIA), requirements definition and solution design as related to business continuity and disaster recovery initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Director in aligning all BR planning, initiatives and goals with Organizational goals and Infrastructure capabilities, ensuring alignment with Tech Ops strategic & tactical planning and goals.
- Lead the design, development and exercising (testing) of advance arrangements and procedures to ensure the organization can respond to a disaster so that the critical business functions & supporting technology can be resumed within a pre-defined time frame, minimizing the effects of disruption.
- Lead Business Continuity (BC) & Disaster Recovery (DR) program team and support personnel for documenting, scheduling & tracking the BC/DR plan maintenance, exercise & validation process cycle.
- Identify and recommend advanced plan maintenance strategies that remain flexible to organizational growth, change and resource capabilities, in addition to enhancing tests and exercises, based on Valley business plans and crisis management requirements to continually push the program forward.
- Liaise with business & technology group BC & DR Coordinators to ensure effective working relationships and adequate BC/DR training, while assisting business & technology leaders on identification of critical functions & operational needs.
- Liaise with infrastructure teams to identify gaps, set recovery time and recovery point objectives and convey business needs & expectations, while recommending for solutions to infrastructure obstacles and business challenges.
- Assist Director by maintaining group metrics and with regular executive reporting to: Technology Operations, Technology Services Group (TSG) and other executive committees, as required.
- Support the BR Director, Crisis Management Committee (CMC) and the respective Crisis Management Teams, with plan execution components in order that they can make critical strategic & tactical decisions.
- Manage/lead BC/DR/CM efforts at the time of a crisis event; manage coordination of recovery teams, both business & technology, coordinate with Marketing & Corporate Communications to execute website and communication requirements during the crisis and/or emergency situations.
- Proven leadership skills and a track record of team building; ability to recruit/ hire top talent and inspire others.
- This position requires a proven subject matter expert with demonstrated competency in the planning, development, program execution, maintenance and testing of Enterprise Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, and Crisis/Incident Management programs.
- Experience performing BR (BC/DR) Program analysis or in managing and coordinating the response to a major, unplanned disruptive event that required activation of the BC/DR/Incident or Crisis Management Plans.
- Thorough knowledge & understanding of current business continuity & disaster recovery techniques & technologies, fundamental IT concepts, infrastructure & data center technologies.
- Knowledge of Program Automation tools (i.e. Archer, LDRPS, BCM, Catalyst or other) a big plus.
- Ability to work independently, effectively manage competing demands and priorities.
- Familiarity with Governance, Risk and Compliance as it applies to
- BCDR planning.
- Ability to build positive relationships across multiple stakeholders, senior leadership team, and department heads, etc.
- Communicates with positive impact: excellent leadership, business partnership, negotiation, etc.
- Executive-level written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate BCP/DR related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Comply with all regulations pertaining to BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT, and OFAC. Complete annual BSA training. Report suspicions of criminal activity, or any attempt to avoid BSA reporting requirements on the part of customers or employees, to the AML/BSA Compliance Department. For supervisory positions,
- ensure BSA training requirements are completed by staff.
- Perform all departmental administrative activities, including staff meetings, attendance, monthly status reporting, budgeting, strategic planning, expense processing, documentation, and other activities, as assigned, in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of seven (7) years related experience in technology with knowledge/exposure to Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity required.
- At least 4 years Business Continuity and/or Disaster Recovery Management (or comparable) experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, Financial Industry or Banking background and/or Relevant Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Risk or Audit certifications; one or more certifications: MBCP, CBCP, ABCP, CRISC, CISA or other industry certification is preferred.