Sr. Business Operations Manager
PAE is currently seeking a Senior Business Operations Manager at our Arlington, VA location. The Senior Business Operations Manager will:
- Manage and direct the Business Operations organization, supporting PAE's USAID/Humanitarian Support business areas with $75M+ in annual revenue.
- Lead a team of business finance, planning, and accounting staff, ensuring contractual compliance, cost management, budget development and analyses, financial estimating, and proposal support. Coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
- Partner with Program Operations and Business Area leadership to develop and execute long term growth strategy for the very large and complex international efforts.
- Own finance functions of budgeting/reporting, forecasting, managing indirect rates, modification proposal pricing, long range planning.
- Support and respond to Program, Customer, and Corporate requirements. Utilize creative and innovative resource planning solutions to ensure that corporate, customer and program deliverables are being met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure clear, prepared and effective communications to Program/Corporate Leadership.
- Appropriately communicate and engage PAE Leadership and management and in Key Business Operations issues.
- Identify areas of improvement in financial accounting applications and operational procedures and effectively communicate these value-added solutions both orally and in writing to senior department personnel.
- Complete or delegate actions to execute process improvements.
- Have overall responsibility for the Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Internal and External Financial Statements.
- Review financial statements, propose adjustments, and suggest solutions to ensure that monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements are fairly stated and delivered to Management in a timely manner.
- Act as main interface with external and internal auditors related to the Financial Statements.
• 5-7 years of experience working with USAID contracts.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance (or related disciplines) from an accredited institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Requires 5+ years of effective management experience in a related area.
• 10+ years of experience in multiple areas, including Finance, Accounting or Business Operations is required.
• Requires experience representing the Company to customers.
• Strong English communication, both oral and written is required.
• Requires strong knowledge of budgets, estimates at complete and projections.
• Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and propose solutions is required.
• Must have the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
• Requires knowledge of principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership, service delivery methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities, schedules and budgets.
• Must have cross-cultural sensitivity and international perspective.
• Requires excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.