The Sr. Business Operations Analyst will report to the Director Financial Operations and will provide the expert analysis and financial evaluation of UCM’s operational and financial functions of administrative and operational units. The Sr. Business Operations Analyst will lead operational business and financial review sessions in collaboration with interdisciplinary teams across the organization while acting as a steward of financial data and operational best practices within the finance area. This position will have expert technical and operational knowledge of UCM data sources, systems, and report development across the UCM network. In conjunction with the Director, Financial Operations, the Senior Analyst will work with Operations, Strategic Planning, Managed Care, Clinical Departments, Information Technology, Service Line leaders and others to ensure processes are followed that support the financial planning & analysis guiding principles and operational needs. The Senior Analyst will partner with the Finance Systems, Reporting and Analytics team to align technology, process and data. The Senior Analyst will develop and complete special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Leads Business Reviews in Collaboration with Operating and Overhead areas
- Creates, organizes, facilitates, and executes department-level financial review sessions to identify key variances and drive accountable action plans and identify needs pertinent to budget planning.
- Budget Planning
- Leverages financial and operational knowledge gained from an outward and highly visible position in the organization in order to inform specific analyses used in constructing UCM’s operating budget.
- Operational Financial Analysis
- Leads, manages, and executes decision support projects critical to determining costs, revenues, and profitability of enterprise endeavors - including hospital and physician activity.
- Experience mentoring and developing analysts skills such as pro forma development, data analysis and application, and communication of critical points.
- Partner with other Departments to continually assess and process changes and enhancements needed to support high value work. Develop trust with operational and clinical leaders by utilizing sound financial modeling methodologies, creating reliable systems to produce reports and decreasing the financial planning cycle time.
- Ad-hoc analysis and Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Mathematics or Computer Science.
- Five (5) years of financial analytical experience, three (3) years of which are in a health care setting.
- Ability to develop insightful observations and recommendations for courses of action from the analysis of complex situations, and to relate those concepts clearly and effectively in both spoken and written form.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of administrative and operational staffs. Also requires the ability to interact and facilitate among multidisciplinary teams to meet common goals and objectives.
- Ability to work on data from various sources and manage multiple projects at a time. Able to prioritize and manage simultaneous projects across a healthcare system.
- Applicable experience in data systems and analysis, preferably in a healthcare setting (programming / SQL skills preferred).
- Highly proficient with Tableau or similar data visualization tools.
- Extremely strong analytical, statistical, problem-solving skills and business acumen.
- Exemplary communication and customer service skills with proven experience.
- Detailed-oriented, process-focused, and highly professional.
- Strong organizational and consensus building skills.
- Demonstrated ability for public speaking.
- Independent / critical thinker.
- Self-starting, self-directing, and enthusiastic