Position Specific Description
Position is responsible for supporting facilities in an assigned region and will operate under direct to general supervision. Support regional leadership in the development of strategic plans and coordination of strategic initiativesassociated with assigned portfolio. The position supports management by completing periodic reporting, project analysis, including financial, operational, or technical. Majority of time is spent conducting analyses on issues impacting specific asset or portfolio of assets making recommendations to management, completing due diligence on development projects, ad hoc projects/report development, financial modeling, document management, regulatory analysis, market analysis, and other misc. projects. The position will be responsible for effective communication with internal and external customer groups. Ideal candidates will have MBAs, MFIN, CFA preferred. (Travel is expected to be approximately 5% of time).
Employees in this role support the overall P and L management of one or more NextEra generating assets. Individuals review findings to be presented to senior management. This position supports budgeting and forecasting, analyzing P and L variance, participating in ad hoc and special projects and coordinates with other business units regarding initiatives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Completes complex financial, operational, or technical project analysis
• Conducts analyses regarding issues that have an impact on the operation of a specific functional area and makes recommendations to management
• Leads medium to large project teams that support informed decision making within the business unit
• Maintains project schedules and reviews team member input and documents for technical accuracy
• Performs ad hoc projects, report development, modeling, and other miscellaneous projects
• Oversees discretionary capital improvement or restructuring projects for generating assets
• Generates invoices for land owner payments
• Monitors financings and regulatory requirements for compliance and completion of operational assessments
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience:5+ years
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Master's - Business Administration
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).