The primary role of this position is to improve processes and facilitate deeper business insight and discovery within the Finance organization through automation, reporting, and interactive dashboards.
The position is responsible for contributing to the design of the Asurion’s Finance information architecture, across all data types (structured, semi-structured and unstructured), balancing the need for access against security and performance requirements.
To succeed in this role, the candidate should know how to elicit and examine data requirements and implement data models, dashboards, and other reporting solutions based on those requirements. The ideal candidate will also have proven experience in data analysis, creating data insight/discovery solutions, and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Combines knowledge of Microsoft Power BI, Presto, SSRS and SSIS programming in addition to other programming tools and techniques to produce innovative, automated, efficient data related solutions.
- Contribute to the migration of data from legacy SQL Server systems to solutions based on the AWS cloud platform.
- Collaborates with client teams to gather project requirements, align/adjust requirements to available resources, deliver and maintain within agreed SLA’s.
- Proactively seeks out opportunities for both process and insight improvement and makes recommendations for implementation
- Ability to communicate complex analytical and technical information and recommendations to project sponsors and senior level audiences
- Maintain a working knowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Education Requirements: Minimum 4-year college degree in related field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance/Accounting) or relevant experience
- Minimum four years of data analysis, preferably in the insurance industry or telecom.
- Experience with Cloud based reporting tools on the AWS platform
- Experience working with cloud based data including data modeling, and writing complex SQL statements
- Ability to master complicated data models quickly and comprehensively
- Strong analytic/problem-solving skills, writing skills, organization skills, prioritization skills and communication skills
- Capability to participate in multiple concurrent projects
Experience with Windows based application development (VB, C#, .NET)
Demonstrated experience in understanding of general ledger accounts and journal entries a plus but not required