Acts independently to plan and execute advanced data analytics projects and initiatives that may have a strategic impact on Paychex. Serves in a leadership role, managing the processes and tasks of other individuals on the team. Interacts with Directors and/or Vice Presidents, both within and outside of Finance, in the completion of projects and participates on and influences cross-functional teams. Acts as a subject matter expert within specific responsibility area(s).
- Leads and executes all phases of quantitative research projects by identifying the business problem, conducting data exploration, modeling and communication of final results to leadership across the company to create insightful analytical results that drive strategic decision making in the company.
- Utilizes financial and operational systems to retrieve and analyze data, perform complex research, interpret findings that have financial impact and draw appropriate conclusions, and develop and publish financialreports to support business unit decisions and performance results.
- Utilizes advanced functionality of Microsoft Office SQL, VBA, Alteryx, SSIS and/or Business Objects to perform data mining and automation. Extracts and houses data from internal Paychex systems for use in strategic analysis.
- Builds and designs visual tools such as dashboards to assist management in quickly understanding current business trends.
- Leads team members in completion of projects and initiatives, providing oversight throughout the engagement and guidance to task completion.
- Involved in significant company initiatives which may include product and system development, implementation of new business processes or control enhancements, and performance of due diligence procedures for acquired companies.
- Functions as a subject matter expert in position specific processes and/or responsibility areas.
- Develops collaborative working relationships with all business partners to ensure a high level of utilization of team services for departmental needs.
- Meets regularly with the leadership team, including Officers, to report status of reporting requests, present analysis results, and to discuss opportunities for improvements within operations.
- Bachelor's Degree - Required
- Master's Degree - Preferred
- 6 years of experience in Data warehousing, data mining, or analytical environment.
- Experience with SQL, VBA, or Business Objects.
- Technical experience with databases and data warehousing concept/tools and proven capability to strategically problem-solve using advanced quantitative and analytical skills.