The Senior Information Business Analyst - IT is responsible for identifying opportunities for improving services and products to BECU members and processes internal to BECU through the use of technology, exhibiting a broad knowledge base of multiple applications and BECU business units in a highly collaborative environment. The Sr. BIA accomplishes this through leveraging the functionality of applications, management of vendor relationships and maintenance of a professional working relationship with the end user of the applications. This role acts as a liaison between business units and IT departments to translate business needs and objectives into technology solutions. The Sr Business Information Analyst – IT works on complex projects/teams and acts as a mentor and lead to Business Analysts. Role incumbents will be self-motivated, display leadership and forward thinking skills and be capable of operating at strategic and tactical levels.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Elicit, document and communicate business and user requirements and functional specifications.
- Lead team with design of technical solutions to meet business requirements.
- Translate functional specifications to software vendor requirements and coordinate vendor delivery.
- Lead test planning of technical solutions and support testing by facilitating resolution of identified bugs.
- Manage the installation of application patches, releases and enhancements on development, test, and disaster recovery and production systems, following IT Change Control guidelines.
- Act as project manager for some enhancements and small projects.
- Consult with and advocate to multiple BECU business units outside of project efforts.
- Partner with the business units in documenting and prioritizing business objectives.
- Lead Business Readiness (Enterprise Analysis) efforts for complex projects/teams. Lead activities to identify people, process and system impacts of business objectives for all sizes of projects/teams.
- Coordinate Enterprise Data Management initiatives with respect to Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Support.
- Assist Data Analysts with application specific production support, as needed (4th tier support).
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of manuals, procedures and other documentation required for the effective operations of the application support team.
- Provide application administration support.
- Maintain application upgrade and life-cycle activity roadmaps.
- Manage applicable vendor relationships.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for business applications.
- Act as a mentor to and resource for less experienced Business Analysts.
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical/related discipline required, or equivalent work or education related experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working with data and business intelligence required.
- Strong understanding of various project methodologies, including waterfall and agile.
- Have knowledge of SQL and/or various relational database concepts and languages required; knowledge of data discovery tools and modern data management practices desirable
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to identify problems from a functional perspective, specifically when supporting end-user testing and training.
- Experience with multiple problem solving methods and ability to use them as situationally appropriate; apply a systematic problem solving approach, which allows for decision making based on data, able to determine root causes to problems and devise permanent solutions.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and implement projects and in accordance with BECU and industry project management methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of SDLC practices.
- Proven ability to stay current with emerging technologies and new applications of existing technologies.
- Proven ability to manage solutions delivered in multiple programming languages and technical environments.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Experienced with multiple methods for creating and communicating strong Business Cases, including financial analysis, strategic alignment and risk analysis.
- Skilled in multiple methods for analyzing and validating data at the source (eg. SQL queries).
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
- Occasional travel required.
- Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.