$100K — $150K *
Who We Are
At Hyundai Translead, we promote a customer-driven corporate culture by providing the best quality and impeccable service with all values centered on our customers. We refuse to be complacent, embracing every opportunity for greater challenge and are confident in achieving our goals with unwavering passion and ingenious thinking. We create synergy through a sense of “togetherness” that is fostered by mutual communication and cooperation within the company and with our business partners. We believe the future of our organization lies in the hearts and capabilities of individual members, and will help them develop their potential by creating a corporate culture that respects talent. We respect the diversity of culture and customers, aspire to be the world’s best at what we do, and strive to become a respected global corporate citizen.
Hyundai Translead has an immediate opening for a Business Development Specialist III that will be responsible for developing business opportunities in some of our upcoming product lines and collaborating with our Sales Department and Dealer Network to draft a business plan for the expansion of an existing product line.
In this role, you will identify the insights of customers and integrate them into the pipeline of products along with members of the R&D Department. You will also coordinate with Marketing and R&D to display Hyundai Translead’s latest products at industry trade shows.
You will use your knowledge of heavy duty commercial vehicles (semi-trucks, truck bodies, trailers) to assist with new market expansion and recommend business strategies for new products. You will be an integral part of the company’s 5-year strategic plan, creating strategic partnerships and strategic incubation projects. You will use your analytical skills and creativity to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify and develop new business opportunities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Collaborate with external partners and negotiate agreements and business partnerships to assist with product commercialization
· Evaluate and assess competitive markets by researching transportation trends, monitoring data, and pulling relevant reports to influence new product ideas
· Own and manage strategic relationships with our key partners
· Ensure alignment of key technology areas and pilot projects for market and technology assessment
· Assist with the development of business launch strategies, including product positioning, launch tools, and marketing materials
· Identify and resolve emerging issues that may impact project, department, or regional goals
· Recognize potential threats to project success and elevate issues to senior management
· Collaborate with the Sales Department and other departments to draft a business strategy for new reefer trailers, collaborating with Distribution, Logistics, Marketing for the launch plan
· Facilitate the exchange of required information and documentation and lead collaborative meetings and teleconferences between internal personnel and outside suppliers to resolve emerging issues and technology transfer
· Organize, schedule, and facilitate cross-functional team meetings to exchange information, identify risks, chart progress, and promote collaboration
· Monitor performances of new product launches
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or the equivalent level of professional experience
· 6+ years of Product Management or Business Development experience with a manufacturer of heavy duty commercial vehicles (semi-trucks, truck bodies, trailers)
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
· Strong creative and analytical abilities
· Strong track record of delivering high quality, breakthrough products
· Creativity and thorough knowledge in all areas of business management and marketing including the ability to analyze the market, develop a business plan, and make recommendations to the senior management
· Knowledge of the functions of business development, financial, and sales and their effect on product marketability
· Attention to detail, good follow-through, and consistent professional ethics
· Strong collaboration skills with a demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams
· Passion for technology and transportation with an understanding of existing and emerging trends
· Proven understanding of business development and market management principles involved in strategic planning, industry market research, and financial management.
· Demonstrate a high level of leadership ability and proven ability to work and communicate effectively across functional teams and organizations of diverse opinions, positions, and backgrounds
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Strong organizational and time management skills
Valid through: 8/14/2020