*** Open to Various T-Mobile Locations ***
The Sr. Wholesale Business Development Manager position will report directly to the Director of the team. The Wholesale Business Development team is responsible for world-class business development and partnership management services to enable rapid innovation and growth for T-Mobile's Wholesale business, which consists of Internet of Things (IoT), and Machine to Machine (M2M) segments. Wholesale is a quick-moving, entrepreneurial, and rapidly growing part of T-Mobile's overall business.
The Business Development Manager will serve as the external face of T-Mobile to a mix of strategic partners across the Wholesale business including channel partners and aggregators, entrepreneurs and start-ups. This person will drive the development of partnerships and related product/service strategies vital to T-Mobile's business. They will foster innovation and growth across a range of mobile industry sectors; build effective strategic relationships; drive the channel, customer and overall strategy of the Wholesale business; and structure and execute strategic partnerships. This leader will be responsible for managing the forecast process and delivering against the business plan and forecast.What you'll do in your role.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
The experience you'll bring.
- Meet and exceed quarterly sales quota objectives by acquiring new M2M accounts through prospecting, cold calling and networking. Negotiate and close deals.
- Consult with clients to identify business needs and utilize solution-based selling techniques to fully demonstrate the value of T-Mobile products and services. Recommend M2M wireless solutions with regard to price plans, data, and other enhanced services.
- Retain and grow business with existing portfolio. Proactively present new solutions as they become available. Serve as primary contact for inquiries, requests, and support escalations. Managing your base of customers will include the following: •Interface with customers on a regular basis to make sure all activities are in sync and in compliance with contracts. •Analyze internal and external KPIs to affect support and account improvement within internal teams and customer teams. •Reconcile account invoices on a monthly basis •Maintain accurate monthly, and quarterly SIM and revenue forecasts •Maintaining strong ties with M2M Operations, EIT, Sales Engineering, Accounting, etc in support of your customers. •Interacting with Finance & Operations to ensure compliance with financial obligations, which include Letters of Credit, Accounts Payable, credits.
- Continuously update knowledge of wireless M2M products, services, industry trends, and the competitive dynamics of the marketplace.
- Serve as the primary liaison between M2M partners and T-Mobile internal support teams
- 8+ years of business development, alliance management, and/or strategic sales experience with financial/economic analysis preferably in consumer-focused wireless, high-tech (software, internet/new media, entertainment/content, etc.) or consumer electronics industries
- 3+ years B2B sales experience cold calling into customer executives at the headquarter/regional level
- Proficiency in analyzing, developing, and implementing financial analysis and business proposals
- Ability to absorb large amounts of technical knowledge, ascertain customer needs, then identify and explain the appropriate T-Mobile value proposition with strong listening, communication and time management skills.
- Proven track record of success in a commissioned environment
- Strong "self starter", able to work in a remote environment with significant autonomy.
- Proficient in all office software - Outlook, Work, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- 5+ years experience selling M2M
- Experience working in the wireless industry (M2M, MNO, or CE manufacturer
The starting pay range for a candidate selected for this position who is based in Colorado is generally within the range of $75,000 - $150,000 for annual base salary. The successful candidate's actual pay will be based on various factors, such as work location, qualifications, and experience, so the actual starting pay may be above or below this range. Employees are eligible for monthly sales incentives.At least 18 years of age Legally authorized to work in the United States High School Diploma or GED T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines "fully vaccinated" as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.