The Senior Business Development Director for Central Laboratory Services requires a candidate with significant experience in large pharmaceutical client account management and business development and possesses a deep understanding of the Drug Development and Central Laboratory / CRO Services industry. The ideal candidate is located in California.
- Bachelor's degree in scientific or business field, advanced degree preferred
- Advanced Drug Development / Central Laboratory Services industry knowledge
- 5+ years sales experience in providing central laboratory and/or CRO services directly to pharmaceutical with direct experience in large pharma account management including interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers
- Highly consultative, demonstrated client management & retention skills
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
- Strong working relationship with internal Covance management and site leadership
- Experience developing and executing strategic business plans
- Negotiation skills: direct face to face negotiating experience with major clients
- Demonstrated leadership experience in leading and presenting to executives and senior levels of the client organization
- Strong financial acumen: delivering business results in a commercial environment; budgeting; financial planning and reporting
- Global experience preferred.