Borrego is seeking a Sr. Business Development Account Executive to join our growing O&M team! This position may be based out of any Borrego location. In this role you will serve as the primary contact point for customers’ first touchpoint for conversations and issue exploration/resolution. Additionally, you will maintain, update, and utilize the O&M Pricing Model for all requested project and portfolio proposals and will serve as a key account manager for both potential and current customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
In this role, you will build the OM business by identity and selling prospects while at the same time maintaining key strategic relationships with clients. You will provide strategic key account management and will negotiate terms and conditions of O&M contracts with customers in coordination with O&M’s Director of Business Development, Director of Operations, Vice President and shared services teams. This position requires that you Interface frequently with O&M Support Services and Operations teams to ensure smooth continuity between functions.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Enhances staff accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
- Sells products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Identifies offering improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Preparing quotations and tenders in accordance with Borrego Solar’s sales process.
- Participating in budgeting and action planning, forecasting own sales performance, and developing own sales funnel.
- Utilize the most updated Pricing Model and specific project parameters, completely comprehensive, detailed, and accurate analysis of new project proposals; submit to BD Director for approval prior to returning to external customers.
- Identify and vet applicable and profitable O&M opportunities (RFPs, referrals, etc.) within the solar industry for the Department.
- Log and track all relevant opportunities within SalesForce.
- Coordinate new project handoffs to the Field Operations team; remain involved until the customer has become integrated in Borrego’s operations.
- Assist in the completion of internal KPI and other requested reports and documentation as well as prepare internal departmental updates on project status.
- Track, record and convey customer satisfaction and concerns.
- Respond to internal Borrego requests (EPC, Project Finance, Storage teams) with O&M proposals and guarantees.
- Under the supervision and in parallel with the Director of Business Development, O&M, make contacts with solar industry customers to identify decision-makers within customer organizations.
- Support the Director of Business Development, O&M in developing and updating sales process and account management systems.
- Such other duties and responsibilities as may be determined by the Director of Business Development, O&M
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Presentation skills, client relationships, emphasizing excellence, negotiation, prospecting skills, meeting sales goals, creativity, sales planning, independence, motivation for sales.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience.
- At least five years of sales experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage customer accounts with minimal direction from the Business Development Director, and in collaboration with other Account Executive team members.
- Ability to analyze and recommend solutions that solve complex customer requirements.
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and writing.