Responsibilities will include interaction with the business stakeholders and translation of the business needs into technical requirements and designs. Working closely with the key organizational stakeholders and identifying strategic outcomes, transformation processes and business practices based upon industry best practices. Studying business functions and gathering information to determine operational objectives and identifying potential improvements for the current systems. Collaboration with the development teams and providing functional specification and business subject matter expertise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Participate in all project lifecycle phases from business requirements gathering through user acceptance testing
- Evaluate requirements from multiple sources and produce business requirements and functional specifications
- Propose systems’ improvements by researching and analyzing all aspects of existing business practices and procedures
- Design new business applications by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems
- Create direct channels of communication with business partners and software developers
- Identify business trends utilizing real data, compile analysis that’s delivered to business and IT partners
- Facilitate business stakeholder efforts to envision the future, providing objective expertise in informing possibilities and identifying changes needed to support future objectives and outcomes
- Facilitate stakeholders’ meetings and communication around decision making, conflict resolution and delivery of committed work goals, including scope or timeline changes
- Participate in sprint planning, daily standups, retrospectives, as well as creating, sizing, grooming and prioritizing project/product backlog
- Assist product owners with testing and field acceptation of the new capabilities
- Collaborate with developers on prototyping, troubleshooting, and usability aspects of the new technology solutions
- Participate in monitoring deliverables to ensure projects are on-time and within budget
- Drive automating, scaling and continuous improvement of business and internal processes
- Contribute to process improvement through team learnings and retrospectives
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in computer science, IT, Business administration or equivalent work experiencerequired.
- 7+ years’ in business and systems analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter capable of managing multiple projects with attention to detail
- Database Query management skills
- Strong knowledge of workflow development and business process engineering
- Knowledge of the transportation industry and related business disciplines
- Working knowledge of Agile Scrum practices
- Experience using process modeling tools like Visio, Blueworks, etc.
- Experience with Agile PLM tools like JIRA, Rally, VersionOne, etc.
- Advance SQL management and maintenance skills
- Hands on experience with JAVA, HTML5, GIT