The Sr. Business Analyst’s role is to devise and design business requirements for all IT-related business, financial, manufacturing and operations systems critical to core organizational functions. This includes researching and analyzing data in support of business functions, process knowledge, and systems requirements. The Sr. Business Analyst is also responsible for proactively generating and compiling reports based on his or her findings, complete with recommended improvements to – or new requirements for – business processes and operational procedures as well as configuration changes or development requirements. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments and to assist in implementing new computer systems.
Strategy & Planning
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Review and analyze existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Chart existing business processes in order to define current business activities for the development of procedures and models.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals.
- Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Manage projects against resource schedules and budgets
- Provide end user support and training of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne modules
Acquisition & Deployment
- Work with the AFNA development team to develop and deploy new applications / functionalities, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Collaborate with developers, analysts, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Assists business process owner (BPO) in development of business case
- Provides project management assistance
- Conduct interviews and product analysis to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirement specifications.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Where necessary, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on findings.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Provides technical specifications to development team – including use cases
- Works with BPO to assure proper unit- and integrated testing
- Identify and resolve program errors with development team
- Assure proper scope management
- Other duties as assigned
Formal Education & Certification
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer systems design, computer science or business administration and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5 years direct experience as business analyst with multiple years of software development and/or programming design experiencedesired
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Proven experience in overseeing the development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to perform against tight deadlines in a fast pace environment
- Extensive experience with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne in an manufacturing environment required
- Expert knowledge of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne accounting, financial, manufacturing, shop floor, costing and planning modules required
- Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
- Experience in writing and interpreting SQL code statements for database queries and updates.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.