The Senior Business Analyst: Warehousing, Physical Inventory Management and Outbound Distribution, will lead the design and operational delivery of all warehousing and outbound distribution initiatives for Deckers Brands, whilst ensuring that these initiatives support the company’s goals and IT strategies. Responsible for ensuring that the warehousing and outbound distribution functional areas have the IT tools and associated understanding required for the team to perform their role in line with company expectations, and to make best use of new and emerging technologies and processes.
Actively participates in projects and working parties, or carries out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit, that will benefit the individual, the Division or the Company as a whole.
- Provides a bridge between the IT delivery organisation and the business, acting as the warehousing and outbound distribution expert, in partnership with various departments and third parties, to deliver technology solutions that meet the system and process needs of Deckers Brands
- Deep understanding of functional area operating practices with strong understanding of industry best practice
- Assist in the definition of business requirements, challenging where appropriate, and then documenting these requirements in terms of technology function and operating processes
- Acts as an interface on detailed design with delivery teams, supporting the delivery phase through to successful implementation
- Lead the solution user acceptance testing cycles - including test scenario documentation and sign off by the business, working closely with the local regional BA team as required
- Works closely with the IT organization on the project close phase, and transition to the normal support organization once agreed metrics have been achieved
- Develops End User training documentation and user guides as required, supports and/or provides end user training, either directly or through the Regional BA team as needed
- Supports the day to day work of the Integrated Planning function by offering help, advice and troubleshooting on the systems that have been implemente
Education & Experience
- Degree in Information Systems, Business or similar field of study, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience as a Business Analyst in an warehousing and outbound distribution based role
- An experienced business analyst with significant experience in warehousing and distribution practices in seasonally driven, multi-channel footwear or apparel companies. Able to elicit user requirements, develop the solution into a project, and ensure that project is delivered.
- Good knowledge of order management within an integrated ERP solution environment
- Exposure to wholesale, retail & ecommerce business models
- Significant experience with Oracle E Business Suite, HighJump WMS and other WMS solutions
- Significant experience with both direct warehouse operations and 3rd party logistics management
- Proven requirement gathering skills
- Solid implementation methodology
- Able to drive projects from idea, through completion to benefits realization analysis
- Excellent time management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Commercially aware
- Understanding of a wide range of operational business practices
- Able to present ideas & plans to Senior Management in a credible manner
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills