We are looking for someone to become a key part of our team and perform a dual role of Business Analyst/Quality Assurance analyst. The Sr. Business Analyst/Quality Assurance Analyst role plays an important part in Herc Rentals IoT innovation & mobile first approach. He/she will continue to enhance their knowledge of the industry to remain in the know of what is relevant in the market and to identify new opportunities.
The ideal candidate maintains a positive demeanor and is a team player with a desire to impact change. The candidate has strong analytical and technical skills along with demonstrated ability to not only get things done as an individual but to help lead projects in a customer-drive, fast-paced collaborative team environment.
Business Analyst / Quality Assurance analyst responsibilities include:
- Developing, gathering, and documenting system requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback from conception to delivery
- Continuously improve the disruptive technology innovation management process and approaches that enable the organization to be agile and create disruptive ideas
- Demonstrate agility and assists with Transformation initiatives
- Working collaboratively within the IT department and business units to estimate, prioritize, plan, and execute test cases based upon business requirements.
- Helping to identify bugs, recording and documenting thoroughly any bugs found and performing thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Work with key project stakeholders to analyze the feasibility of, and develop requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensure the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Work closely with local and remote developers, project managers, and operations team members on requirements, testing, and deployment activities
- Lead project and application planning activities including meetings, communications and documentation
- Desire to take ownership of objectives and drive results; ability to influence
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes
Bachelor's degree from an accredited degree granting college/university or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of experience as a business analyst and/or QA professional
- Perform duties independently under general, minimal supervision within specific assignments
- Business understanding of cloud computing as a fundamentally disruptive technical and business strategy
- Full understanding of the mobile app project life cycle; including discovery and initial assessment, program and/or requirements definition, creative brief, program implementation and launch, and ongoing measurement and reporting
- Experience in eliciting requirements from stakeholders and ability to work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience using Assembla, Jira, TFS, or other issue and project tracking software
- Utilize time management and multi-tasking skills with ability to handle multiple and parallel projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders