Role: Sr. Business Analyst
Location: New York City
- 7+ years of business analysis experience in the Commercial Property & Casualty insurance industry with 2+ years in Specialty insurance.
- Strong technologyexperience with policy administration solutions. Experience with Guidewire PolicyCenter strongly preferred.
- Experienced with AgileSCRUM methodology and business analysis methodologies; working knowledge of business analysis documentation standards.
- Hands-on experience writing user stories is required.
- Knowledge and experience leveraging both IT solutions and business process improvements.
- Experience operating and interfacing with business management, including negotiation and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of creating clear, concise deliverables that reflect a deep understanding of business needs and the out of the box software functionality.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Understands communication channels and escalates appropriately.
- Must be proficient with process modeling tools (e.g., Visio). Experience with other visualization tools is beneficial.
- Experience supervising small teams.
- Strong initiative; able to self-manage. Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work through it to get the right things done.
- Must be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance.
- Personal time management skills and ability to meet individual and team deadlines.
- Experience using standard project and business tools including TFS, Rally, Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint.
- Team player who works well with technical and business resources.