Role Value Proposition:
Global Operations (Global Ops) focuses on creating positive experiences for MetLife customers and helping the company make the best use of its global resources. This position will reside in Group Benefits Program Solutions & Delivery (PSD), a consolidated organization in Group Benefits Operations responsible for execution of the Group Benefits project portfolio. We’re looking for unique talent with fresh perspectives that can propel innovation. In this role you will serve as overall Disability Claims Solution lead overseeing requirements and process synchronization across disability project initiatives; large to jumbo sized projects with high complexity.
- Lead and oversee End to End Disability Claims business analyst activities on projects that may include various phases and medium to large sized project teams.
- Perform gap analysis across work streams on the project, including end to end review of business requirements and process maps.
- Own and manage Disability Claims requirements and process synchronization
- Identify and then Develop and design, from inception to rollout, the end to end Disability Claims solutions for highly complex and varied business needs. Includes process, configuration, or IT solutions.
- Execute configuration on key Disability applications
- Report Disability Claims business analyst activities, monitoring the progress of initiatives, reporting out on project status, including escalation of issues or risks
- Perform root cause analysis/facilitation
- Holistic planning and alignment with Data Governance
- Provides guidance to less experienced business analysts
- Manage the overall Claims business analyst relationship with IT partners and vendors
- Review and asses Change Requests for work stream impact analysis (as needed)
- Review Use Cases/FRD (as needed)
- Collaborate and consult with IT on design
- Own the prioritization of requirements and process changes with business partners, facilitate prioritization sessions working with business leads to identify and provide recommendations on scope for project planning.
- Supporting Operational Readiness Activities
- Support User Acceptance Testing
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5-6 years of related work experience
- Proven leadership ability
- Highly organized, self-directed
- Ability to Process Map and perform end to end root cause analysis, as needed
- Ability to elicit and document business requirements
- Ability to translate complex business problems into requirements or processes
- Ability to communicate complex solutions clearly and effectively, both verbally and written
- Ability to identify gaps, risks, and constraints in the project – resources, timeline, etc.
- Ability to comfortably and effectively communicate with senior management and project leaders
- Understand IT documents: Architecture diagrams, Use Cases, FRDs, Test scenarios, and their correlation to the requirements and processes
- Extensive experience and proven ability to analyze complex information and determine what is important for the solution/project,
- Extensive experience with consulting skills, engaging business partners, drawing out information, business intelligence
- Able to build strong relationships with partners
- Data Analysis and Mapping
- Ability to trace business requirements to IT and Test documents
- Discernment of when to escalate potential issues/concerns to prevent project interruption
- Ability to prioritize work appropriately and that of other business analysts
- Meeting facilitation, building consensus
- High School Diploma
- Advanced knowledge of Disability business functions, processes, procedures, workflow, systems and transactions
- 8+ years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of system design processes, methodologies and testing process