About the Job
Owns and leads the interpretation and documentation of business requirements, designs, testing plans and implementation strategies for technical systems. Builds strong business and technology relationships in order to efficiently translate business needs into technical recommendations and specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and document business requirements and designs for technical systems.
- Create and maintain the Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Participate in transitioning the requirements and use cases to the developers ensuring their clear/complete understanding of the requirements
- Recommend, build and develop the required documentation for new business processes
- Assist in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance and user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Serve as functional point of contact for specific areas or domains
- Develop flow diagrams.
- Act as a liaison between technology and the line of business/operations.
- Lead small initiatives through Project Management Lifecycle, including managing work plan, budget, issues, risks, and timeline.
MARGINAL OR PERIPHERAL FUNCTIONS
- Assist program managers with analysis, reporting and budgeting on projects.
- Define metrics and performance goals for the application
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to negotiate across competing priorities and individuals to reach consensus on requirement and design items
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task across several projects
- Ability to break down complex business needs into manageable and concise requirements
- Proven ability to drive deep dive requirement and design sessions with the business and technology
- Minimum of 4+ years of application requirements gathering and design, including process mapping and gap analysis
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in a consulting or technical environment
- Experience in flow diagram techniques.
- Understanding of the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Project Management
- Experiencewith Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Bankingexperience, commercial payment domain knowledge a plus
- Project Management experience, PMP certification