Our AIX Group, part of The Hanover Insurance Group department is seeking a Senior Business analyst to join our growing team in our Windsor, CT office.
The Senior Business Analyst position is responsible for the collection, development, analysis, documentation, and communication of business needs and requirements in support of Commercial Lines Rating & Issuance applications for the following lines of business: Property, General Liability, Auto, Inland Marine, WC, BOP, Professional Liability and others. Throughout an assignment, Business Analysts act as a liaison while they interface and work collaboratively with technology and business organizations. Business Analysts assess the needs of the assignment by directly interacting with management, leadership, technology, the business and the customer. Business Analysts are also expected to use their working understanding of coverages, rating algorithms, information systems, business operations, and processes to analyze requirements, develop specifications, story-boarding and prototyping to facilitate the design of integrated solutions. Their knowledge of business analysis, business processes and project methodologies is applied to all of their assignments. They assess the needs of a business partner through direct interaction, and look for opportunities to develop and grow the business through effective use of technology. They take a broad perspective to determine how solutions will impact existing work processes and systems, and how to manage the integration. Incumbents must be innovative in identifying, proposing and executing solutions, negotiating requirements across multiple partners or departments, and must have an understanding of project scope management and prototyping.
This is a Full-time, Exempt role.
- Provide technical expertise across business functions, understanding the relationship between the business and the data and technology that support the Commercial Lines Insurance products
- Responsible for the collection, analysis, documentation of multiple business and/or technical requirements which may include, but is not limited to: Participating in planning sessions with one or more business partners to improve one or more business processes or products within an organization
- Developing relationships with one or more business partners by demonstrating an in depth knowledge of multiple business processes and technical systems capabilities, being proactive, and providing innovative solutions
- Providing technical coaching and mentoring to less experienced team members
- Applies Best Practices to technology solutions for areas of expertise
- Assessing needs utilizing a structured requirements process to recommend business priorities and advising business partners on options, technical limitations, risks and costs vs. benefits
- Participates and/or leads requirements gathering sessions to identify and articulate needs/requirements
- Utilizing system integration tools to build workflows
- Participating in prototype development
- Documenting and preparing requirements for creation of specifications
- Participating and may be accountable for a portion of a project plan from requirements phases through design, testing, implementation and maintenance
- Developing and executing test/use cases and validating results during all phases of testing
- Actively participates, sometimes facilitates/leads project meetings
- May develop and execute reports based on complex business requirements by extracting data from a business application or information system and validating results
- Analyze and provide production support for more complex or escalated issues
- Partners withtechnology development to provide a solution
- Seeks guidance from more experienced resources when needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 to 7 years of relevant technical or business work experience
- Requires solid knowledge of rating, coverages, business operations, requirements processing, business modeling concepts, information systems and project life-cycle knowledge
- Knowledge of Industry Business Analysis Best Practices preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or certification, specialized training or equivalent work experience
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.