ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution
Southern California Edison's (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T&D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 15 million residents via SCE's 5 million customer accounts.
The Sr. Business Analyst will report to the Manager of Maintenance and Inspection group in the Maintenance Performance & Reliability organization of T&D. In this role, the selected candidate will have a significant role in the development GRC testimony, regulatory compliance filings, and operational performance metrics across multiple disciplines. As a subject matter expert (SME) on SCE data sources, extraction methods, and data interpretation, they will lead and/or participate on multiple critical initiatives. Their analysis will lead to changes in established business strategies and the implementation of new technologies.
The role examines raw data for the purpose of drawing conclusions from the data extraction. The successful candidate will sort through huge data sets using sophisticated software and identify undiscovered patterns and hidden relationships between structured and unstructured data such as asset, geospatial, and operational data.
- Responsible for T&D's compliance analytics and reporting, data interpretation, data extraction and reporting as it pertains to our internal and external regulatory compliance programs.
- Ensure standard/consistent analysis, development, implementation, and reporting execution results on T&D maintenance and inspection analytics and reporting compliance programs.
- Responsible for providing, analyzing, and interpreting data in support of GRC testimony and CPUC requests.
- Act as a key resource to analysts about data sources, extraction methods, and data interpretation.
- Responsible for development, improvement, and execution of processes that support T&D in the execution of maintenance and inspection activities.
- Responsible for extraction of data for AdHoc Requests, maintaining analytical support for several programs simultaneously, and developing new ways to monitor inspections.
- Ensure standard/consistent analysis, development, implementation and reporting execution results on T&D construction, inspection, and maintenance regulatory compliance programs.
- Five or more years of experience in the field of analytics providing data interpretation.
- Experience extracting data in SAS.
- Three or more years of experience in an analytical position with proficiency using MS Excel and SAP to mine and compile data, develop and generate complex reports, presentations, and analyses and organizing data within multiple assignments, tasks, and priorities.
- Bachelor Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or related discipline.
- Experience in SAS Visual Analytics.
- Completed/ in progress professional certification in Lean/Six Sigma or predictive/advanced analytics.
- Five or more years of experience with Microsoft Excel performing advanced functions in VBA code in Excel and Access.