As Sr. Business Analyst you will be reporting to one of our Retail Engagement Managers as part of a Global Retail Onboarding team. Our department manages Technical retailer relationships with regards to them sending us weekly or monthly data to NPD. This team ensures receipt and loading of POS related data with all NPD’s retailer partners.
This candidate will play a key role in ensuring all net new set-ups will be complete and compliant in a project oriented environment. This candidate will be required to analyze and develop the retailer’s raw data from NPD’s established protocol into its proprietary systems.
Candidate will also be asked to work on special projects such as data mining for escalated production issues and document related changes to the onboarding process. Lastly this position will allow forward thinking to improving onboarding procedures and encouraged to provide input to future improvement opportunities.
The role requires close coordination with the Global Retail Engagement Team as well as other internal departments, including Product, Global Operations teams and IT.
- Ensure timely deadlines are met for onboarding new retailers
- Provide concise and detailed analysis on POS data
- Ability to read/write scripts in UNIX/LINUX
- Develop retailer feeds within Abinitio/ACE system (preferred)
- Pre-validate the data by running analysis through tools
- Ensures proper communication and hand-off to Operation Production Team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in developing/architecting solutions in retail sector with knowledge of ETL data warehousing technologies including Ab Initio
- Proven development experience in Ab Initio GDE with exposure to ACE, Control Center
- Additional ETL experience similar to Informatica, PL/SQL
- Experience with databases Oracle (preferred) and Unix
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Other desired skills: data collection, configuration and analysis methodologies / tools such as Ab Initio, SAS, SQL, API
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and /or projects simultaneously in a highly collaborative environment with minimal supervision
- Embraces teamwork and possesses ability to effectively work cross functionally
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.