What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management. We are currently seeking qualified, motivated talent to be responsible for evaluating and analyzing complex information to support projects and/or in overall management of a business unit/department. Develops and documents business requirements and/or solutions and leads efforts to solve problems and issues related to business operations
In this role you will:
- Responsible for relaying information to the Technology team in easily understood terms for both technology and business.
- Liaise with the business, development team and technology on an ongoing basis. Responsible for effective communication to all business partners and users to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to implementation.
- Evaluate data gathered from multiple servicing and other source systems reconcile differences, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to understand and distinguish optional user requests from what is required.
- Conduct user acceptance testing as it relates to the technology solutions.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Advises and leads in the planning and implementation of projects and strategic initiatives for the business unit/department.
- Drives business team members to define business needs through utilization of effective elicitation techniques.
- Evaluates data gathered from multiple sources, reconciles differences, and ensures consistent approaches, data interpretation, and results measurements are employed.
- Primary liaison with business partners, development team and technology. Acts as the "Subject Matter Expert" (SME) and provides business knowledge as needed.
- Identifies, integrates, and manages requiredinternal and external resources to provide business solutions for groups most complex business issues, while able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously. Develops and implements detailed project plan.
- Will form part of a project team and will be expected to interact with the team on a daily basis.
- Will report to a manager in the business line.
- Initiates the design and implementation of the operational and technical aspects of the project plans and develops and supports programming requests to meet project goals through discussion with project stakeholders.
- Oversees test and project task development and implementation.
- Evaluates and provides written and verbal updates on project status.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Econ or Accounting - Required
- Requires 7 years of minimum business analysis experience, including demonstrated experience in CCAR/DFAST regulatory reporting.
- Strong SQL skills
- Some experience in retail and wholesale banking and a working knowledge of Bank's loan products.
- Very good understanding of software delivery lifecycle with focus on requirement management and business analysis.
- Experience in process mapping / process flows / process modeling required.
- Strong attention to detail and experience in representing complex issues based on comprehensive analysis in a holistic and understandable manner
- Prior experience working with large implementation projects.
- Must have solid organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.