As a Senior Business Analyst, you will apply your analytical and people skills to solve major organizational challenges. You will support the Mortgage business unit and will work with business and IT teams to build and test products that positively impact our customer and business.
In this role you will:
- Understand business goals and improvement opportunities, define objective or problem to solve, and collaborate with cross functional teams to develop strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in specific products/platforms for the Mortgage line of business. As an expert you will maintain business process maps and understand system architecture documents for your area.
- Responsible for relaying information to the Technology team in easily understood terms for both technology and business.
- Liaise with the business, development team and technology on an ongoing basis. Responsible for effective communication to all business partners and users to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to implementation.
- Conduct user acceptance testing as it relates to the technology solutions.
- Advises and leads in the planning and implementation of projects and strategic initiatives for the business unit/department.
- Drive business team members to define business needs through utilization of effective elicitation techniques.
- Evaluate data gathered from multiple sources, reconciles differences, and ensures consistent approaches, data interpretation, and results measurements are employed.
- Partner with IT to manage technology product through its life cycle of selection, deployment, upgrades, enhancements and sunset. Evaluate emerging trends and products in the industry and recommend technology products that could transform and enable business. Influence vendors to develop and build new features/enhancements to support emerging business needs.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Mortgage Business or technology products
- Experience with Agile Methodologies – Scrum or Kanban environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- Preferable – IIBA Certification
- Very good understanding of software delivery lifecycle with focus on requirement management and business analysis.
- Experience in process mapping / process flows / process modeling required.
- Strong attention to detail and experience in representing complex issues based on comprehensive analysis in a holistic and understandable manner.
- Prior experience working with large implementation projects.
- Must have solid organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Exposure to customer journeys & human centered design techniques
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.