Spireon is seeking a talented Build Release Engineer for our award-winning NSpire M2M Intelligence Platform, supporting a range of cross-vertical markets. We are looking for a smart, motivated team player who is passionate about technology, software engineering and build/release automation.
Adaptable/Resilient – You easily adapt to change, take on new responsibilities, embrace challenges and thrive in ambiguity
Customer’s Guide – You build client confidence, start with the customer in mind first, and ensure commitments are met
Go Higher- You are not happy with the status quo, like to push the envelope and engage in stretch projects
Team Player- You are a collaborator, invite feedback from colleagues, and naturally do the right thing for the team
- Evaluate software engineering processes and implement best practices to improve the end to end delivery of our applications and products.
- Implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines for our applications
- Develop any supporting tools, plugins, services or infrastructure needed to augment automation
- Evaluate/administer/maintain container orchestration tools and platforms
- Build and support the infrastructure needed to create and deploy dynamic containerized environments
- Own engineeringinfrastructure, tools and frameworks, environments, best practices and processes
- Partner with software/test and DevOps engineers to promote best practices that help us release applications to our customer with most confidence
- Continuously monitor technologylandscape to assess and implement improvements to existing tools/processes
- Partner with Software architects and lead engineers to develop intuitive solutions
- Work with multiple teams and look for common solution patterns to the challenges
- Provide guidance and feedback in form of code reviews, technical talks and mentorship
- Define and uses metrics to assess deliverables and software releases.
- 5+ years’ experience as a software/build/release engineer for multi-tier, highly scalable applications on cloud platforms
- Experience with implementing CI/CD pipelines using hosted or on-premise tools like Jenkins (or Hudson), Bamboo, GoCD, Travis CI, Concourse CI etc. Experience with containerized pipelines is a plus
- Experience in writing plugins or using CLI/APIs to support automating end to end delivery of software applications
- Engineeringexperience in a highly scalable and reliable web application/platform environment
- Experience with building and managing test/releaseinfrastructure
- Experience with Internet of Things (IOT) technologies like Kafka, Storm/Flink, distributed databases and microservices
- Self-directed with ability to work effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- BS in Computer Science or related field.