The Senior Build Release Engineer will join the team responsible for delivering Blackhawk’s Issuing/Processing platform which provides a highly scalable and feature rich complete end-to-end solution to issue and process both closed loop and open loop prepaid payment products.
This position requires a heavy emphasis on continuous integration & delivery and automated test engineering necessary in an agile environment to ensure quality operation of the platform’s transaction processing, batch file processing, API services, user portal, security and compliance.
- Design and implement the software engineering life-cycle delivery of Blackhawk products and technologies.
- Create understandable and automated product deployment mechanisms for development, QA, performance and production environments.
- Create and maintain a continuous integration process that facilitates agile development, integration and automated delivery, including early problem detection.
- Interface with and influence product architects, product owners, and other stakeholders to create great technical requirements and evaluate solutions (in-house or vendor).
- Promote quality engineering and control best practices.
- Design and develop transaction processing automation using traditional and emerging technologies.
- Actively participate in standard scrum process including story grooming, daily stand-up meetings, iteration planning, retrospectives.
- Mature existing lifecycle deployment process towards continuous delivery.
- Develop products that perform, scale, are highly-available and fault tolerant with automated failover capabilities.
- Create systems that can be easily triaged to find performance bottlenecks and root cause analysis of failure scenarios.
- Contribute novel ideas and collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver and improve Blackhawk systems.
- 5+ years of computer / software engineering industry experience
- Heavy experience in scripting using Python and SQL is a must; other scripting such as Bash / Shell expertise a strong plus.
- 1-2 years of Java application development utilizing data persistence environments a strong plus.
- Hands on experience using the Agile scrum methodology and usage of tools such as Rally or Jira is required.
- Strong understanding of implementing test automation and release management.
- Experience deploying systems in non-production and production AWS cloud environments using Cloud Formation.
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins and/or Docker.
- Experience using Git and Stash source code control.
- Proven ability to positively manage work in a dynamic environment and to work autonomously as required.
- Ability to assimilate and organize large volumes of disparate, minute detail, and assemble a big picture view.
- Ability to rapidly build knowledge of application business area and application requirements.
- Demonstrates solution design for performance and scalability.
- Design and transfer technical solutions to team and review team’s solutions for accuracy.
- Service-oriented architecture and REST service experience.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in the Payments industry on high volume credit/debit transactions a plus.
- Hands-on experience with JPOS and/or ISO 8583 messaging protocol and standards a strong plus.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.