Position Title: Sr. Bridge Engineer
Location: Raleigh, NC
Ranked 76th on ENR’s 2017 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms, RK&K is a design and construction management firm specializing in transportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is based on our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound, technical solutions, to achieve the best possible outcome on a project. Expressed in our ability to treat every one of our 1,200 employees as a professional, RK&K has received numerous recognition for its exceptional and unique workplace culture.
We are looking for a talented Sr. Bridge Engineer responsible for the design of bridge projects and preparation of contract documents, technical application of various AASHTO codes and NCDOT manuals, calculation and drawing QC review, interaction with CADD operators, and condition inspection of structures. This position involves project research, drawing development, data entry, engineering computations, analysis, quantity take-offs and submittals to agencies.
In this role you will enjoy working in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to develop innovative, cost effective designs. This position also will involve growing RK&K’s bridge practice in Raleigh, therefore, the successful candidate will participate in developing marketing plans and pursuits related to structural engineering opportunities.
- Coordinate and lead structural design development and assist in providing structural direction to projects
- Provide senior level structural expertise on all project aspects associated with conceptual engineering, detailed engineering designs, and preparation of contract documents for construction followed by construction administration with respect to the structural aspects of the project.
- Assume responsibility of completeness and accuracy of design work
- Develop and/or modify standard details
- Provide frequent judgment and initiative with the Structural Engineering field
- Assess efficiency of contract document preparation and offer suggestions for improvement and implementation
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering required
- P.E. License
- 10 or more years of bridge design experience required
- Excellent communication skills including report writing
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
- NCDOT structures/bridge experience preferred