Senior Brand Manager is responsible for driving sales, business development, retail presentation, marketing, training and brand building activities in their respective Geo Channels. Drive global growth of the AEO brand across new territories by executing complete market due diligence, building of partnership terms, negotiations, and ultimate execution.
• Own and drive their business, responsible for achieving retail sales (comp and total sales), shipments and for delivering on business development objectives
• Ensure financial plans are met and the brand is properly represented in all channels
• Influence internal and external partners to drive business initiatives and bottom line sales
• Key liaison between AEO and the Distributor to ensure alignment of AEO brand objectives
• Responsible for Geo Channel P&L
• Develop multi-year business strategy for regions
• Market expert with the ability to report on all key market developments including overall consumer and regional market trends.
• Identify and champion communication to International Merchandising on all product development opportunities
• Build & nurture relationships with distributors to influence them so that they understand and further embrace the AEO Brand
• Align with AEO International department leaders to ensure alignment of merchandising, planning, marketing and operational strategies.
• Partner with Planners to develop annual plans, monthly reforecasting and OTB as well as risks & opportunities
• In partnership with Planning negotiate with distributor’s optimal inventory levels
• Ability to gather and challenge information from different sources to make clear and impactful decisions in a timely manner
• Partner with VM and distributors to ensure proper brand presentation and execution of AEO global strategies.
• Manage issues on the ground and with Brand Manager and drive resolution with Distributor
• Work alongside partners to build and approve an ongoing 5 year real estate strategy to maintain momentum and growth within each market
• Perform regular market visits to ensure the brand is represented appropriately and all standards are maintained.
• Manage all aspects of 4-Wall management, including setting training and store visits priorities for Ops and VM
• Orchestrate and manage coordination for each of their accounts
Sales and Marketing
• Develop seasonal strategies, initiatives around key holidays to drive incremental business
• Communicate American Eagle Outfitters strategy, initiatives and goals to ensure there is alignment with distributors
• Manage the Marketing plans for each distributor in partnership with AEO Marketing, Distributor and Brand.
• Ensure the Marketing strategy & budget is in alignment with the AEO Global Campaign & contractual agreements; with the intention to maximize sales results
• Drive CRM including partnering with distributors to develop systematic name capture and leverage databases to dries Sales and customer loyalty
• Responsible for identifying potential partners and locations, initiating discussions, and participating in negotiations to establish businesses in new territories and channels
• Explore new market potential for the AE and Aerie brands and identify best brand representation
• Identify proper positioning of the AEO brands across each market by understanding international competitor’s assortment offering and pricing strategies
• Consistently research the International retaillandscape to ensure the AEO brand is at the forefront of emerging trends and maintaining its position as a global leader
• Conduct all negotiations to ensure a mutually beneficial partnership arrangement in each territory
• Own and partner with legal to complete final negotiations and relevant contractual documentation
• Responsible for complete set up, onboarding and brand training of all new partners
• Serve as lead on cross- functional team aimed at setting up the infrastructure including organization, systems, and processes for growth in new markets
• Partner with Architecture, Construction and VM on development and execution of New Doors as well as renewal/expansion of existing doors
• Negotiate contract renewals with distributors
• Monitor development/expansion of the competition in respective markets
• Present all new developments along with financials for approval to Senior Management in collaboration with Brand Manager and Planning
• Manage direct reports and cross functional partners in order to achieve goals
• Attract, develop, and retain strong Brand Management team and create strong bench for AEO
• Lead cross-functional partners in supporting initiatives
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degreerequired.
• 8- 10 years’ work experience with International Wholesale and Retail business
• Ability to travel over 30%-40% of the time to the markets
• Ability to successfully work with multiple stakeholders
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Proven ability to drive business initiatives and dynamic business models
• Strong negotiation skills and experience in building strategic plans and developing new businesses
• Experience developing and leading a high performance team
• Strong collaborator and team player
• Self-motivated with critical attention to details, deadlines and reporting
• High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet Applications
• MBA is a plus
AEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.