$80K — $100K *
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360® and GuardantOMNI® , for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360® has been used by more than 7,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
This role works out of our Headquarters in Redwood City, CA or San Diego, CA.
Due to the Covid 19 Pandemic Guardant Health has temporarily classified this role as ‘working from home status’, scheduled to return onsite at HQ when it is determined safe to do so.
The Sr. Bioinformatics Scientist will be proficient in collaborative, integrative, data-driven, computational analysis necessary to develop, launch, and innovate in all aspects of high-throughput oncology test product development and Real World Evidence analysis. As a part of the Bioinformatics and Clinical Genomics teams, you will have the opportunity to innovate and implement your ideas to constantly improve our product and analytics so that they are best suited for the changing landscape of clinical needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Work with molecular biologists to troubleshoot and analyze technology development experiments from concept through launch.
● Develop computation methods and procedures to describe and validate Guardant’s technologies.
● Write clear and precise reports for a technical audience.
● Work with members of the bioinformatics group, medical affairs, and epidemiologists to conduct integrative analysis with clinical data.
● Explore genomic data from clinical and research samples and external annotation sources to enhance the quality of clinical reporting.
● Mentor junior bioinformatics staff on the team.
● Work together with our collaborators in industry, hospitals, and academia on high-impact translational research using Guardant Health tests and publish on findings.
● Knowledge of cancer genomics and tumor biology
● Dedicated to make a difference in a rapid-paced startup environment
● Experienced with analysis of genomic and epigenomic NGS data
● Familiar with regulated development environments
● Proficiency with a high-level scripting language (Python/R; Python preferred)
● Experienced in the visualization of complex experiments to derive biological insights
● Proficiency with Linux command-line and version control tools (git and GitHub)
● Ph.D. in computational biology/bioinformatics, genomics, machine learning, or related fields and 3+ years industry/academia experience, OR MS and 6+ years industry/academia experience
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies up to 20 lbs and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Valid through: 4/2/2021