Sr. Big Data Developer
11 - 15 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Verisk’s Joint Development Environment (JDE) group functions at the center of the organization and is charged with building Data Warehouse, providing sand box for performing analytics, documenting data assets, creating and maintaining a safe and secure data research environment, promoting enterprise-wide interoperability of data, supporting research around Verisk’s new product development and product and data enhancement.
The JDE team is looking for a talented Senior Data Architect/Developer to lead, install, and maintain BigData environment and initiatives. The job will require to have hands on experience with BigData Environment and play a lead role in architecting and developing solutions.
This involves extensive collaboration across business units and the data warehouse organization. Ideal candidates should have passion to learn new technologies, explore next generation products.
- Defining BIG DATA architecture and Implementing BIG DATA solutions using HDFS, MAP-REDUCE, PIG, HIVE, FLUME, SQOOP, ZOOKEEPER, HBASE, CASSANDRA.
- Experience with MAP-R is mandatory.
- Defining business architecture to map the business requirements to Hadoop components
- Architect, Configure and Manage Big Data environment
- Performing multiple POC’s and recommendations for Next Gen Projects/products related to Big Data
- 10+ years of IT experience
- 7+ years of experience on Java
- 4+ years of experience on Big Data Technologies
- BigData Administration skills is a plus
- Should be able to work independently
- Must have extensive knowledge on BIG DATA architecture [Hadoop, NoSQL and distributed computing]
- Must have working experience with Hadoop and other components like Hive, Impala, Pig, Sqoop, Map-Reduce, Flume, H2O etc
- Working knowledge on Spark (MLib, GraphX), Mesos, Marathon ecosystems
- BigData security and governance implementation
- Experience with AWS Cloud Technologies is a plus
- SQL Development experience (T-SQL) with SSIS is a must.
- Analytical Skills
- Good Team player
- Good Communication Skills
- Certifications in Hortonworks and Cloudera highly desired