Industry: IT Consulting/Services•
Not Specified years
Posted 382 days agoby Rohit Sharma
Position : Sr. BI Developer
Location : Redmond, WA
The goal of team is to foster a data-driven culture, to encourage and enable the entire organization to make more informed decisions through data. As the volume of data-and the demand for solutions-grows, we need a strong and experienced BI Software Developer who can design & develop on Data systems and help manage day-to-day operations. We are looking for a BI Software Developer passionate about data, who is experienced with a full range of data warehousing skills. You should have a good track record of working with information workers, understanding their information needs, and be able to implement pragmatic solutions using an iterative, agile approach. If you are comfortable working in a start-up/v1 effort, enjoy incrementally marching towards a well-defined long-term architecture, and are motivated by solving hard business process problems with technology then this could be the position for you.
• Design, build and deliver the data model and warehouse platform that enables self-service BI and customized solutions.
• Own Technical design of components with overall systems view.
• Drive the creation of an operational dashboard showing data feed operation and data quality issues.
• Drive the creation of an adoption dashboard displaying a view of active users, database size, count of database tables, entities, queries, etc.
• Collaborate with our business partners to understand objectives, deliver maximum business impact and return on investment.
• Identify opportunities to leverage predictive analytics within MSRC and define their requirements.
• Implement data processing and monitoring standards to address data quality.
• Ensure the data warehouse and reporting solutions are stable, supportable, extensible, and trusted by our business partners.
• Strong skills and experience in T-SQL, Microsoft BI stack, SSIS, SSAS (tabular cubes), Power BI.
• Strong design and architecture skills with a strong bias for BI & analytics approaches.
• Experience in partnering withengineering & information architecture on design & architecture.
• Strong background in data warehousing principles, architecture and its implementation in large environments.
• Proven skills in database design and multidimensional modeling.
• Experience with ETL, data modeling, and working with Business Intelligence systems.
• Development experience in Big Data platforms, Cortana Intelligence Suite, service layers and other assorted reporting/distribution assets is preferred.
• Exposure to R, Python, Azure ML or similar languages is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or closely related field is required
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES/INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts.
• An attention to detail with self-discipline and a drive for results.
• Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries.