Under limited supervision, complete large, high-complexity projects. Lead development efforts for assigned subject area. Develop, document, and implement technical designs. Communicate with customers, management, and team.
Responsible for the optimization and performance improvements of new and existing code base including design and development of batch and near-real time data integration processes, Business Intelligence (BI) solutions, development in heterogeneous database environments, and navigation through complex systems configurations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of the data and applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution.
- Analyze data structures content and ensure performance validity.
- Design, code, test, and implement data integration solutions using modern techniques and programming languages.
- Design, code, test, and implements BI solutions, including reports, dashboards, and notifications in support of the business requirements.
- Provide high-level database development assistance in creating specific applications for businesses.
- Participate in research and apply innovation at all levels of the software development process.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage competing priorities.
- Work harmoniously in a cross-functional teams including IT and business resources.
- Function as technical lead and Subject Matter Expert (SME) on assigned projects.
- Perform the role of the principal designer responsible for complex systems and their subsystems employing deep knowledge of current technology and tools as well as relevant systems that are already existing.
- Act as a coach or mentor to less experienced team members.
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to and assisting with resolving issues and system outages.
- Partake in production support activities and processes.
- Lead development standards reviews and renovation efforts.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in computer science or equivalent work experiencerequired.
- Five (5) or more years of experience with Transact-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Stored Procedures, Views, etc.
- Five (5) or more years work experience specializing in transforming XML, Flat files, or other delimited formats into RDBMS. MS SQL Server experience is required.
- Five (5) or more years working experience in a database development environment.
- Sound knowledge of traditional as well as agile software development methodologies.
- Ability to apply Database Design Principles (OLTP).
- Experience with C# and SQL CLR stored procedures.
- Experience with SSAS (Tabular and Multidimensional)
- Strong MS PowerBI experience.
- Strong ability to carry out research and innovation.
- Sound knowledge and experienceworking with software application, database design, and BI ideas.
- Highly effective working in a team as well as working independently.
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong initiative and organization skills.
- Demonstrated strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Service Broker.
- Oracle RDBMSexperience is a plus.
- Experience with one or more scriptinglanguage(s) such as PowerShell or Python.
- Knowledge of Git or TFS as well as common branching strategies and workflows.