Sr BI Business Analyst
Now is the perfect time to join a growing company with an extremely noble cause. At NuVasive, you will not only help to drive business value, but actually see its impact. As part of NuVasive’s IT organization, you will be joining the best IT business in the spine industry. In IT, we are in a unique position which allows us to positively impact patients’ lives. As a part of our team, you will truly make a difference in someone’s life.
You will be joining a diverse team of business and IT professionals responsible for providing the solutions to support the organizations growth for data and analytical needs. Your experience and guidance will drive and shape the BI landscape of this growing and dynamic organization. The Sr BI BA is a combination of business facing role, requirements gathering along with building various reports, dashboards/ visualizations etc to rollout BI/ EDW Solutions for varous business functions. Otherresponsibilities may include providing user training and working with other teams to complete projects on schedule.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders to collect, analyze, define, and document requirements for reports, dashboards, scorecards, and analytics
- Build and maintain effective dashboards, visualizations, reports, and analytics using various BI tools
- Participate in Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) design and development
· Using SQL development and querying tools , analyze, diagnose and troubleshoot data warehouse and BI /reporting solutions
- Help coordinate the development of necessary project documentation and standards required for compliance and identified best practices.
- Provide end user support/guidance on best practices and approaches to design/implement effective, standardized dashboards and analytics
- Help with acquiring and analyzing new data sources to expand EDW
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Provide timely execution of assigned tasks in an agile development environment
- Ensure business user issues are resolved in a timely manner work with other BI/ IT team members to maintain data accuracy
- Train business users and expand adoption of various BI solutions.
- Able to embrace and adapt to change while demonstrating flexibility and the ability to develop and follow new processes
- Demonstrated 7+ years building and maintaining dashboards, analyses, reports, etc., in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment
- Proven success functioning in a BI / Data Analyst role
- Demonstrated ability to gather business requirements and convert into effective functional specifications
- Understanding of EDW data flow and dimensional modeling concepts
- Significant experience working with key stakeholders across several departments
- Willingness to learn and use different Business Intelligence tools and technologies
- SQL writing skills and relational database understanding (preferred SQL Server)
- Knowledge of systems development and project management methodologies/processes
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent
- Preferredexperience building reports and dashboards using Cognos (V10 or above)
- Preferredexperience in Tableau or PowerBI desktop and web – connecting to EDW and various data sources, building reports , visualization
- Experience in at least one of the following areas is preferred - Sales, finance, supply chain KPIs and measures
- Preferredexperience in healthcare or medical device industry
- Preferredexperience with SAP ECC or related ERP application
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.