Job description details
The Sr. BI Analyst – HR will act as an internal consultant to identify strategic business requirements for developing HR statistical and analytical reporting; conduct needs analysis for Key Performance Reporting requirements to support HR Operating Plan initiatives; designs and oversees the standardization of HR data reports and queries; and maintain a Data Dictionary.
They will have a key role in HR Reporting/Analysis projects of significant complexity; designing and executing HR Systems quality assurance audits; and recommending, designing, developing and presenting HR data reporting for use by managers, and strategic KPIs and Performance Reports for use by Executive Committee members, Global Officer Coalition members, and the HR Leadership team.
This person will also provide analytical support to the HR Leadership team in the planning, projected ROI and proof of concept analysis for major HR initiatives. In addition to managing the use and distribution of Office Depot’s HR Data, this position will be the point of contact for internal use of HR Data by other others or individuals, and will be responsible for reviewing data requests to ensure that the use of any data is in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
*Bachelor’s Degree and at least five years experience
*Five years plus of experience in a large corporate environment performing moderately complex to very complex employee and/or customer activity analysis and research, using qualitative and quantitative measurement and data collection design principles.
* Must have very strong analytical skills and the ability to take complex information and put it into a simple Executive Summary format; must be able to understand and anticipate business needs for appropriate level of information and detail.
* Must have experience with developing and promoting complex analyses, reports and dashboards, with visualization best practices and by using a BI tool (i.e. OTBI (Oracle Fusion Transactional Business Intelligence), BI Publisher (Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher), Cognos BI reporting, Data Warehouse, etc).
*Experience with HR systems like Oracle HCM Fusion, Workday, PeopleSoft, SAP, ADP HR or Oracle EBS is required.
* Having scientific/statistical knowledge, data science, forecasting and statistical modeling (i.e. R, SAS, SPSS) for Predictive Modeling or general data analysis is highly desirable.
* Must have ability to decipher large sets of data into usable and actionable information through data mining and logic building, as well as to dig into issues to uncover root cause and areas of opportunity.
*Experience with large project management/leadership and system implementation is preferred. Agileexperience is desirable.
* Must be able to work immediately with online applications and systems, and be capable of quickly learning new applications as a “super-user”, for example Oracle HCM Fusion, Cognos BI reporting, PeopleSoft HR or Finance query writing and reporting tools, etc.
* Must have a strong understanding of business processes and data to ensure correct interpretation of data and implementation of KPIs. Must possess a strong understanding of business databases structure, functions and processes, and experience with database querying tools such as SQL.
* Will have responsibility for producing executive summaries and analysis of HR data; must be able to work effectively with HR system experts and understand the legal and procedural requirements for the use of HR data.
* Must possess knowledge of organizational development, change management and quality assurance principles.
* Must have a thorough “advanced” understanding of MS Excel (formulas, Pivot Tables, Charting/Visualizations, Reporting and Dashboard building experience, VBA a plus), Access, Word and PowerPoint tools.
* Must possess very effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communications and presentation skills. Needs to be able to influence decisions and negotiate commitments very effectively at all levels of the organization including executive.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information that is global in scope.
* Must have proven project management, follow-through and personal organization skills
* Must be able to prioritize conflicting objectives.
* Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently with little or no direct supervision and inspire confidence in the quality of work.
* Must be able to work with highly confidential data and information, with the utmost personal and professional integrity.
* Must have a high degree of organizational savvy and practical “street smarts” in working with and transferring HR data and information within the organization.
* Must possess a high level of emotional maturity and self-awareness when presenting or receiving information that may be subject to re-interpretation or critiquing. Needs to quickly understand the “big picture” implications of HR information or an idea or proposal.
* Must possess ability to provide project management leadership and direction to other professionals.
* Must be very proficient in all aspects of the English language.