EnerSys/Quallion develops high-performance energy storage technologies for demanding markets including medical, defense, and aerospace. We have entered a period of significant growth and are seeking talented professionals to join our industry-leading team. The Sr. Battery Project Engineer will work with a cross-functional team, providing Technical Leadership for projects focused on the development of advanced electrochemistry, cells, and batteries based on rechargeable and primary technologies. The Sr. Battery Project Engineer will also serve as the Design Authority for on-going products.
- Ensure safe practices are followed in all activities
- Collaborate with cross-functional technical teams in the planning and execution of complex development projects
- Manage overall technical progress and risks against key development milestones
- Provide technical progress reports for internal and customer communications
- Communicate with technical personnel in customer organizations to provide product data, address technical questions, and support technical reviews
- Support evaluation of new battery markets and applications, working in collaboration with technical and business development managers throughout EnerSys Advanced Systems.
- Provide support for new business development efforts in the form of person-to-person technical discussions, presentation of key technical performance data, scope-of-work definition, and project cost estimates
- Support Operations Engineering to identify potential manufacturing issues and conduct root cause analysis for technical problems
- Make recommendations for product and process improvements or cost reductions and oversee evaluation and implementation as needed
- Provide guidance and support for managing key technical subcontractors
- Participate in the development and updating of EnerSys Advanced Systems’ multi-year product/technology road map
- 5+ years experience in a development or manufacturing environment
- 5+ years experience with Li-Ion, Li-primary, or other advanced battery and electrochemical power technologies
- 5+ years experience in using battery testing equipment such as Arbin and Maccor cyclers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, able to manage multiple activities against a rigorous schedule
- Knowledge of DOE and other scientific research techniques is desirable. Six Sigma and Lean experience would be an asset
- Effective communication skills demonstrated by interacting with customers, suppliers and coworkers in a positive and constructive manner.
- Ability to travelinternationally and domestically
- Fluent in English speaking, reading, and writing with ability to write reports and procedure manuals
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- B.S. or higher degree in Chemistry/Electro-Chemistry or Materials Sciences or Chemical or Mechanical Engineering. A business degree including MBA would be an asset.